We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Ribbon Bags - Travel Insurance

Berlin, Germany
6 posts
Save Topic
Blue Ribbon Bags - Travel Insurance

Dear Travelers,

I would like to share with you my terrible experience with Blue Ribbon Bags insurance.

If you are about to travel and thinking to make and travel insurance for your luggage, I would strongly recommend you avoid the above-mentioned insurance. You will simply lose your money.

The only thing they do in case you lose your luggage is to answer via email with unbelievable explanations telling you that your request has been denied.

Trust me, do a favor to yourself…do not choose this insurance and do not trust review that say the contrary, I suspect they are fake!!!!

36 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,044 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Ribbon Bags - Travel Insurance

Were you covered for what you tried claiming on?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
19,658 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Ribbon Bags - Travel Insurance

what was your actual problem?

Berlin, Germany
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Ribbon Bags - Travel Insurance

Yes, I was

Berlin, Germany
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Ribbon Bags - Travel Insurance

When you fill the report it is not required to submit also a document which should be provided by the airport. After 24h they reply and say that the request is not approved because this document is not submited.

Note also that not all the airport provide it. I did also a research in internet in these days and it looks that this is the way they always act...there is even a page in facebook where people complain ...u can have a look by yourself if u do not trust me...

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,812 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Ribbon Bags - Travel Insurance

I expect any insurance would need official documentation from the airport.

Did you report your lost baggage at the airport? Why didn't you get the correct documents?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Ribbon Bags - Travel Insurance

>> do not choose this insurance <<

This is not an insurance policy according to their website "BRB sells a service that is in addition to any insurance you may have, and not instead of."

From the Service Agreement 2h

Any Mishandled Baggage Reports reported to Blue Ribbon Bags at any point after the expiration of the 24 hour deadline from the airplane’s actual arrival time will be denied, regardless of the circumstances and reasons, and those passengers will not qualify for baggage retrieval services or for Service Satisfaction Guaranteed Payment.

Across their main page it also states - Remember to first notify the airline that your baggage did not arrive at your flight’s end-point. The airline will provide the tracking information needed to file a report with Blue Ribbon Bags. All missing baggage must be reported to Blue Ribbon Bags within 24 hours of passenger’s flight landing.

Which airline/airport did not provide a PIR? how long was you bag delayed? (if over 21 days and not found then you should be able to make claim with the airline, if under 4 days then there was no claim with BBB anyway)

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
57,575 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Ribbon Bags - Travel Insurance

Sorry, OP, but if you've bought insurance that isn't insurance at all, then you're always going to be likely to face disappointment at some point.

Berlin, Germany
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Ribbon Bags - Travel Insurance

Just to answer everybody in one reply...Of course I provide a report from the airport (with official reference number).

The airport (Tegel in Berlin) manage everything in electronic way, you must use a laptop in the lost baggage office, feel your data and then you get a reference number related to your lost luggage.

I think they are free to follow their own procedure...isn't it?

My Mishandled Baggage Reports reported to Blue Ribbon Bags was opened about 5h after I lost the luggage (I can show the email if useful).

When you buy a ticket they offer themself as insurance...if in the website something different is written you discover later. That is why I advice with this post, to avoid other people do the same mistake.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Ribbon Bags - Travel Insurance

If the bag is "lost' - delayed for over 21 days then you can claim from the airline

If the bag was "delayed" - how delayed was it?

If this was your outbound journey you should be able to claim reimbursement of essential items from the airline

Berlin, Germany
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue Ribbon Bags - Travel Insurance

@ Carol yes, this is true...but I did the luggage insurance to cover lost of my luggage.

It is clear that now I will get something from the airline but actually the point is the fact that this luggage insurance is useless.

Reply to: Blue Ribbon Bags - Travel Insurance
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted