We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapoair.ca

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Cheapoair.ca

I had the worst experience of my travel life with Cheapoair.ca. I lost $2100 dollars worth of ticket because of this company. I was delayed by US customs and missed my flight, but Cheapoair's agents did not even consider the facts I presented to them. I had my boarding pass, my luggage were checked in and they could simply call and check with US custom, but they did not bother. It is customary that when a passenger misses a flight due to US Customs, the airline or the booking agency will put the customer on the next available flight without any question or hesitation, but not Cheapoair. I will never ever use this booking agency again and never recommend this company to anyone. I wonder if anyone else had the same experience?

30 replies to this topic
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
3,761 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Cheapoair.ca

No, I think you're probably the first.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Cheapoair.ca

How do you know?

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
3,761 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Cheapoair.ca

Because no one's ever complained about this company here.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Cheapoair.ca

Are you the administrator of this website and you can read all the complaints?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
16,177 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Cheapoair.ca

"I was delayed by US customs and missed my flight, but Cheapoair's agents did not even consider the facts I presented to them."

I'm assuming you were delayed at security, not customs, but either way such a delay has absolutely nothing to do with whatever agent sold you your ticket.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
53,341 posts
1,800 reviews
6. Re: Cheapoair.ca

<<I wonder if anyone else had the same experience?>>

Predicated on the number of folk who have complained on this forum (though not always the .CA version), I would say "yes," and the numbers are likely in the 100's of thousands - and this is but one forum.

What could possibly go wrong with a company, with "Cheap" in their name?

Sorry that you have been victimized,

Hunt

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Cheapoair.ca

If you used a credit card to book via Cheapoair you could dispute the charge as not having received goods. Worth a try.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
16,177 posts
16 reviews
8. Re: Cheapoair.ca

"If you used a credit card to book via Cheapoair you could dispute the charge as not having received goods."

That's some pretty terrible advice.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
59,331 posts
12 reviews
9. Re: Cheapoair.ca

'It is customary that when a passenger misses a flight due to US Customs, the airline or the booking agency will put the customer on the next available flight without any question or hesitation, but not Cheapoair.' Is it really 'customary' that this happens, or is this something you read about or were told by someone who had heard of such a thing happening?

With respect to post five, the OP may have been delayed by US border agents if flying from YVR as one goes through US preclearance there. Security can be the slowest part of the process, but if there were questions by US immigration staff then that could have been the larger issue.

'I will never ever use this booking agency again' Why use it in the first place? Did you honestly think that if AC, WS, AA, DL or UA were selling tickets for $C500 that a slipshod website had the capacity to sell the same tickets for $C400? 'I wonder if anyone else had the same experience?' Identical to yours perhaps not, but having had a distinct lack of customer service, thousands.

Culburra Beach...
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
198 reviews
10. Re: Cheapoair.ca

no. you are wrong. it is not normal for other airlines or agencies to rebook you if you miss your flight due to security or immigration. some may do it, but in most cases your lack of timing is no ones fault except your own. it is funny that 100's of other passengers made the exact same flight, yet had to go through the same processes as you.

i cannot believe i am saying this, but cheapoair are 100% correct in this case.

Reply to: Cheapoair.ca
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted