We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 posts
1 review
Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!

I just went to Secrets Marquis in Los Cabos part of AM Resorts and honestly, the hotel was great, the service was great, the food was great, it really was a five start experience, fantastic spot, heaven vacation. I just had the misfortune of going to one of their Unlimited Vacation Club presentation at their Dreams Los Cabos after sleeping barely 4 hours and what was supposed to be a 1.5 hr presentation became a 4 hour deal. I am a single mom with 2 kids who had not had a real vacation in 4 years. I was living the dream and they saw it! Believe me, they are good at what they do and I was very vulnerable, I just had received my divorce judgment. They drowned me in offers and beautiful promises of more perfect vacations explained to me in 25 different ways how I would be saving money on trips for the rest of my life, how this was a legacy program that I could pass on to my children, how privileged I would be by being a member of the club with preferred services and VIP status, and I bought into it. What can I say? Every time I said no they came back with a better deal, free vacation days, extension of privileges you name it, I gave up and signed. The contract process is so long, probably on purpose, that I did not notice 3 essential things: 1/ that was entering in agreement with a company from Anguilla electing Dominican Republic law for litigation, 2/ that there was no clear mention of cancellation nor rescission time 3/ there is no real guarantee by agreement to truly have a great deal on any of the trips they offer. Upon my return I showed the agreement to a lawyer friend who told me the promissory note I signed fell under NY law so they could have leverage to collect the remainder of the fee but for the rest of the agreement, if I wanted to sue them, I would have to do it in Dominican Republic! So I called them to cancel, and then the nightmare began. Of course they told me it was not possible, they in was in their policy, that they would keep the money they collected etc. They told me someone would call me back, from the resort but no one did. I put a dispute with my credit card company, and am waiting on them to do their part. I have called everywhere, am about to send certified mail letters to all their contact offices. I am ready to fight this since I asked for cancellation within 10 days of the contract and I have never signed into the website and never used their services.

I also read this: http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/am-resorts-unlimited-vacation-club-misleading-and-lies-i-know-because-i-worked-there-c676258.html

Does anybody have experience with this? Thanks.

483 replies to this topic
United States
1 post
471. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!

We also purchased a pearl membership while in Panama on Sept 23. We just went to the Dominican Republic Breathless resort this month (free) and we have another week to go. We checked the prices they claimed while on the pitch and after we got home. There really is a HUGE discount applied. I could go on, but I won't. We have owned timeshares in the past. IF you use it (2 to 4) times per year, it really is well worth it for these resorts. The extra benefits are great too, IF YOU USE IT! The upgrade we were offered was great, but since we are retired in our 70s, we didn't need it. Even the basic plan is better than most of the upscale (Hyatt, Marriot, etc.) for the price

New York City, New...
3 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
472. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!

Was anyone able to cancel. Need help to make sure follow all steps. Did anyone use lawyer?

Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
473. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!

I have a question on the RCI bonus weeks. They said I can transfer them and use them through RCI at any time. I forgot to ask if there is a limit or dollar amount equivalent that we can use with RCI. Does anyone have any experience with this?

6 posts
1 review
4 helpful votes
474. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!

Anonymous_Ruby I was able to cancel within 5 days. We upgraded in Mexico. Then we have realized that it was not worth at all. We sent an email when we returned to US. We got 100% our money back. No lawyers were involved.

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
475. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!

How serious is this so called "promisory note" that they make people sign?

So me and my wife fell for their scam earlier last year in Mexico. We were told lies and presented with information that doesn't reflect the truth. The way the program works was completely misrepresented. We paid $1500 at the time. I've been asking for them to close the account for the last 6 months, I even told them you can keep the $1500 just please cancel the contract and leave us alone. But they're telling me if I want to get out of the contract I have to pay another $1000 so I reach the "50% threshold required to get out of the contract early". I really don't want to give them another $1000, but they're threatening me with legal action based on the promissory note signed in Mexico. What can I do? I am tempted to ignore them but I don't want any legal problems.

Can I just refuse to pay? They told me I signed a promisory note and I can be taken to court in New York (we live in Europe).

Edited: 02 February 2024, 21:41
1 post
476. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!

This is totally SCAM, the options that they have in RCI have the same prices as booking, and the weeks they give as "points" the hotels never have availability.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
109 posts
477. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!

Hi, UrbanLegend. How can we help you? To assist you properly in this situation, please share your member ID, phone number, and email address to cx@unlimitedvc.com. We will give the proper follow-up to your case by that means. Regards. FV.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
109 posts
478. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!

Hi, Diego. We are sorry for the inconvenience. In order for us to give the proper follow-up to your concerns, please contact us at cx@unlimitedvc.com and share your full name, certificate number, email, and phone number. We will support you regarding this situation by that means. Greetings. FV.

1 post
479. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!

It's a scam. Do not buy their services. Ask many questions. There are hidden fees that they never tell you.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
109 posts
480. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!

Hi, Eliseo. We would like to help you. Please contact us at cx@unlimitedvc.com so that we can provide the proper assistance to your concerns. Regards. FV.

Reply to: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.