We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 posts
1 review
Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!
Save

I just went to Secrets Marquis in Los Cabos part of AM Resorts and honestly, the hotel was great, the service was great, the food was great, it really was a five start experience, fantastic spot, heaven vacation. I just had the misfortune of going to one of their Unlimited Vacation Club presentation at their Dreams Los Cabos after sleeping barely 4 hours and what was supposed to be a 1.5 hr presentation became a 4 hour deal. I am a single mom with 2 kids who had not had a real vacation in 4 years. I was living the dream and they saw it! Believe me, they are good at what they do and I was very vulnerable, I just had received my divorce judgment. They drowned me in offers and beautiful promises of more perfect vacations explained to me in 25 different ways how I would be saving money on trips for the rest of my life, how this was a legacy program that I could pass on to my children, how privileged I would be by being a member of the club with preferred services and VIP status, and I bought into it. What can I say? Every time I said no they came back with a better deal, free vacation days, extension of privileges you name it, I gave up and signed. The contract process is so long, probably on purpose, that I did not notice 3 essential things: 1/ that was entering in agreement with a company from Anguilla electing Dominican Republic law for litigation, 2/ that there was no clear mention of cancellation nor rescission time 3/ there is no real guarantee by agreement to truly have a great deal on any of the trips they offer. Upon my return I showed the agreement to a lawyer friend who told me the promissory note I signed fell under NY law so they could have leverage to collect the remainder of the fee but for the rest of the agreement, if I wanted to sue them, I would have to do it in Dominican Republic! So I called them to cancel, and then the nightmare began. Of course they told me it was not possible, they in was in their policy, that they would keep the money they collected etc. They told me someone would call me back, from the resort but no one did. I put a dispute with my credit card company, and am waiting on them to do their part. I have called everywhere, am about to send certified mail letters to all their contact offices. I am ready to fight this since I asked for cancellation within 10 days of the contract and I have never signed into the website and never used their services.

I also read this: http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/am-resorts-unlimited-vacation-club-misleading-and-lies-i-know-because-i-worked-there-c676258.html

Does anybody have experience with this? Thanks.

482 replies to this topic
New Rochelle, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
40 reviews
65 helpful votes
1. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!
Save

Unlimited is terrible. it is a big scam. I have hired an attorney that handles time shares to get me out of this mess. They did the same thing to us. Joining was a big mistake. If you are interested in the information I have get back to me. I am fighting them now. I went in july and had the same experience. I am disputing with my credit card also. Get ready to fight

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 posts
1 review
2. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!
Save

Debbie,

I would love the information you have. And the name of your attorney also! thanks!

New York
1 post
1 review
3. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!
Save

What ended up happening in your case? I still don't know what the best options are in trying to get out of this! Please help.

Edited: 9 years ago
4. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed.

5. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
41 reviews
9 helpful votes
6. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!
Save

Sorry you got caught. I have several timeshares and have used them well but it is too complicated to have several so Le Reve resort in Mexico promised the moon and said that if I joined their membership they would handle the sale of my other timeshares. I would only have the one. They work with a company called Tulip marketing who were supposed to handle the sale and follow progress with the Escrow account. Within 270 days they were to send payment for the timeshares. I have not received that and my timeshare maintenance fees are due. They have no record of them being in escrow. Tulip Marketing is not answering emails or phone calls. I am gathering names and want to shut down these Scams. If we all group we might be able to stop them. Donna

Oakmont...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
86 reviews
113 helpful votes
7. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!
Save

The Club is unique i will say that. I am a member, had a horrible experience after i brought it. Then i figured out how to use the club. Can you make up on your money on Future trips. Heck yea you can. Use your 2 free weeks at peak time if you can. That alone will get you most of your moneys worth out of the deal. also remember to price match your trip after you book it with them. Also make sure you price match from the sites they tell you can you use. find the price and 25% off of that price and if its less than what you paid send the the screen shot and they will get you your money back. With regards to the VIP week for 1500, again pick a time when its prime time to go. I just do not care about the RCI thing thats including. Can not see paying them for them to transfer weeks over to RCI and then pay RCI to take the weeks, and then if i pick an AI to go, and pay for the AI fees. no sense in that crap.

So for those that feel scammed i understand i felt that way in the beginning when we signed on the dotted line. Love the resorts that are included. Again once i am not pro UVC, just figured out a way to make the most out of the situation i got myself into thats all.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
41 reviews
9 helpful votes
8. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!
Save

Thanks for this. My situation is a little different though. I already had 3 timeshares and have learned to use them all over the world. Le reve promised to take my timeshares and put them in escrow to sell them and my new membership with them would consolidate all of my travel options. That is why I joined. Unfortunately the 270 days have passed in which I was supposed to receive payment for my timeshares. They put Tulip Market in charge of managing the transaction. There is no evidence that they are even in escrow so now fees are due and I still have 3 timeshares AND a new membership with Le Reve "Le Club" and have given Le Reve $18,000.00 for this. A real scam to make sales. I will follow in all venues...

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
41 reviews
9 helpful votes
9. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!
Save

I have also been scammed by salespeople at Le Reve to buy a membership and they would sell my other timeshares. In fact they said they already had buyers. I only bought in because of this. I did not need another travel option. I already had 3 timeshares. The sale ans subsequent money ddi not happen. The company Tulip Market does not answer my calls anymore. The 270 days has passed. Have you had success fighting this?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
41 reviews
9 helpful votes
10. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!
Save

I have also been scammed by salespeople at Le Reve to buy a membership and they would sell my other timeshares. In fact they said they already had buyers. I only bought in because of this. I did not need another travel option. I already had 3 timeshares. The sale ans subsequent money ddi not happen. The company Tulip Market does not answer my calls anymore. The 270 days has passed. Have you had success fighting this? I would like to fight also and am in the process of posting everywhere and contacting organizations to help. Any success yet? Who has helped?

Reply to: Unlimited Vacation Club be careful!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.