We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unlimited Vacation Club Law Suit

AMC
1 post
Unlimited Vacation Club Law Suit
Save

I am blown away by all the stories of people getting taken advantage of. This post isn't about telling your story. I know we get it you lost money, were promised things that were not true and there is actually no value in what you purchased....well me too. So let's see how many people we can get together to try and fight this thing. We must have some sort of rights. Let's use this post as a way to post SOLUTIONS not problems. I feel if enough of us band together we have great strength in numbers. I will do my best to continue to research ways to get my money back because like a dummy I paid the entire amount. So post anything here about possible solutions or recourse we may have. If you tried something and if it worked or didn't please post

One thing I am going to try is to see what my credit card can do to assist me. I did put the deposit and remainder on a charge card. I did hear of a woman who was able to get her dispute settled. It's worth a try! I will let you know if I have any luck or what they tell me.

129 replies to this topic
Fargo, North Dakota
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
121. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club Law Suit
Save

We are in the same boat. I used Bank of America credit card. I am waiting to see if I can cancel contract within 5 days.

Do you have any suggestions?

1 post
122. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club Law Suit
Save

I'm ready to start a lawsuit against this company!! It's a total scam!!!!

1 post
123. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club Law Suit
Save

NOT intending to preach to the choir, but DO INTEND to warn others to not fall for the Unlimited Vacation Club scam at Dreams Natura in Cancun. I wish we would have done some research before falling for their deceitful sales tactics - they sounded like really good and honest people, talking about their families, and how they benefitted from their own memberships etc... Our card was charged about $6,400 the day that we were given the promotion presentation. They promised that we could vacation at about half of our normal costs (we told them that we were staying at the Royalton next door for about $1200 for 4 nights), at least 2 weeks a year, even with the membership costs. The membership for 15 years included 240 nights, with a total cost of about $11,000 for those 15 years. Several days after we returned from Cancun to the US, we called Unlimited Vacation Club (as new UVC members) to see if we could book a vacation for the low prices we were promised. We were shocked when we heard that the prices were typically 3 to 6 times higher than what we had paid at the Royalton, instead of being half.... So we immediately requested that the membership be cancelled. We called and wrote letters. We tried disputing the charge with our Credit Card. We will be suing UVC, reporting them to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and Better Business Bureau, and starting a social media campaign against them, for their outright lies, and deceitful tactics.

Amherst, New York
2 posts
124. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club Law Suit
Save

I was scammed out of $389. I would be happy to be a part of the litigation.

Antonella

California
3 posts
1 review
125. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club Law Suit
Save

please let me know when you will start the law suit. we probably start class action lawsuit with this company

count as in!

They’re arrogant,crook's. They take advantage while you are in your vacation.!

Tex
Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
3,034 posts
126. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club Law Suit
Save

Sandra C, Cathy P, Antonella, noypi, etal

The following is in the contract you voluntarily signed with UVC:

"Member and we agree that any proceeding to resolve or litigate any dispute will be conducted solely on an individual basis, and that neither member nor we well seek to have any dispute heard as a class action."

California
3 posts
1 review
127. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club Law Suit
Save

Tex, sounds like you are very knowledgeable about the uvc company contract, what would advise to all this american

tourists/ consumers that was been scam of that company

who take advantage when they take you to their meeting table offering you a alcohol drink at the same time you are on you vacation that you waited so long you were enjoying

every moment of your sweat and blood money that they took from you because you weren’t thinking at the moment

all you want just to have a great times and when you hear all those very sweet deal they making promises to you and found out after your vacation mode gone found you are stuck and your moneys gone. let us know.

2 posts
1 review
128. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club Law Suit
Save

I was scammed by a Mexican drug cartel that used confidential info that was provided by the UVC team. See New York Times article. i will present a law suit against UVC and my bank Santander in Mexico. Don´t ever by a membership form UVC . (@UnlimitedVC)

Edited: 24 March 2024, 08:36
M P
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
129. Re: Unlimited Vacation Club Law Suit
Save

Can I ask if the credit card disput worked?

Reply to: Unlimited Vacation Club Law Suit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.