We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westgate cruise and travel

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
491 posts
3 reviews
11 helpful votes
Westgate cruise and travel

What is your experience with selection of hotels/resorts/cruises and also the price (taking account the travel credit) asked by Westgate cruise and travel - compared to if you went to the travel agent or to the hotel/resort/cruise?

42 replies to this topic
1. Re: Westgate cruise and travel

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
15 posts
166 reviews
104 helpful votes
2. Re: Westgate cruise and travel

I am quite pleased with my deals with this company, just got a balcony cruise £600 cheaper than UK. You do have to watch all prices like everything else. Good value to me.

Kenosha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
94 reviews
52 helpful votes
3. Re: Westgate cruise and travel

I thought I would get better service becomeing a Platinum Member of WGCT ... I couldn't be more wrong. I'm not sure what I expected to get for spending more money but they took away the 75,000 points that were in my account to give me 75,000 points, I have left numerous messages for the personal concierge who claimed they were going to be there when I needed them, whenever I needed them - I can't seem to get them to call me back and I honestly feel like they have my money and too bad Charlie.

What a disappointment Westgate! I work for a National Real Estate Development firm - I'm letting the word out on you, Mr. Siegel.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
8 helpful votes
4. Re: Westgate cruise and travel

I will be very up front and admit, I should NEVER have fallen for it. I thought I did my due diligence, asked tons of questions over and over again and took several days before giving in and saying yes.

Please use this as a warning. "Westgate Cruise & Travel Collection" is a SCAM when it comes to their "Travel Points/Loyalty Points". They will lie thru their teeth. Promise you anything and then walk away laughing!!!!

I used them for several years as just a travel agency and their agents are good, very informative. So why would I think they would LIE to me about adding a new "feature" to make my travel even better. Again, it is my fault, I actually believed them. But after spending a bit of $$. The best they can do for my travel is "50,000 pts = $50.00"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, talk about a SCAM!!

Tried speaking with someone but after 4 weeks, I am still waiting for Chad from Customer Support to call me back after we were "disconnected"!! WC&TC response on their Facebook page was to PM me & have a poor travel agent - Allie- contact me to try & book me on a cruise using my points that again come to only $.001 per point.

Would be nice if I could get a resolution, like my money back. Yet I'm sure we are all aware, that that will NEVER HAPPEN!!

So please use this as a warning and don't fall into the trap. They are worse than any Timeshare company - even their Namesake-Westgate Resorts.

#WestgateCruiseAndTravelCollectionLIES #WestgateCruiseAndTravelCollectionSCAM

west grove
1 post
1 review
5. Re: Westgate cruise and travel

Please let me know if it’s ok to upgrade to elite member as they said when booking a hotel I will not pay a lot anymore using only points. Is it tru

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
8 helpful votes
6. Re: Westgate cruise and travel

If upgrade to Elite means you have to "purchase" loyalty or travel points, then no it's not worth it. The "points" expire a year after you purchase them. It's different than their travel sales credit. I still have not received a resolution to my problem. They sent me a "pm" via messenger to say it has been escalated up the ladder. That was 4 days ago, and I'm still waiting to hear back.

1 post
7. Re: Westgate cruise and travel

great help and information. l knew there was something wrong about WG cruise and travel. l have paid some money already but l will research more and take it from there.

Greenville
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
18 helpful votes
8. Re: Westgate cruise and travel

I was scammed by Westgate cruise and travel. My agent would never return my calls. I kept trying to understand what I had purchased and how to use to the full benefit and could never reach Jamie Galloway out of the London office.

Today I spoke to an Emma who told me on Wednesday she would help me if Jamie continued to not return messages I left. I called around 2pm and she said I had a free 3night /4 day cruise. That turned out not to be so. She said Jamie has just come in the office at 2:13 and she said he would call me in an hour, he didn't.

I called back around 5:30 asking more info on the cruise but turns out she was wrong I didn't have one, but she said I had a free 7 night resort stay, any where I wanted to stay. So I told her where I wanted to stay and she said she would call them and call me back. She calls back in an hour to say I really don't have a free resort stay it was a qlitch in the computer program.

I spoke supposedly to a supervisor named Billy or William. He changed his name on me during the call where I was complaining about the treatment I received from Jamie Galloway. He is going to look in to that.

I'm thinking what a bunch of LIARS!!!

Kenosha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
94 reviews
52 helpful votes
9. Re: Westgate cruise and travel

Don't do it.

San Diego...
1 post
1 review
10. Re: Westgate cruise and travel

SCAM!!!

So when I bought my timeshare, I was told I had this Westgate Cruise&Travel benefit. When I called to activate my membership, I was told by the agent I could not use my benefits unless I paid for the membership. The best choice of course seemed like the more expensive one and that would give me a yearly renewal fee of $49 per year. Once I found that I never needed to buy to begin with because I had two free years, I requested a cancelation and refund of $800 I had paid so far. I was only refunded $100 because they said it had been a while and that I had called to try to figure out how to use the benefits. Keep in mind that I've never used any benefits or free certificates, I had just called to inquire how this system worked. Also, this is after I requested the call recording of the date I was talked into this be reviewed because like I told them "I was told these benefits could not be used unless I paid a fee to activate" even though I have two free years.

I'm a very loyal person when it comes to business, but feel that a company this big should have some honor or at least keep an eye on their sellers practices.

Reply to: Westgate cruise and travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.