There was no smoke alarm in the unit. Cutlery consisted of 3 teaspoons, and there was the barest minimum in the way of crockery and utensils. There was some disgusting food in the freezer - looked like it had been there for some time. Couldn't close bathroom window because handle was broken. Soap dispenser wouldn't work. Lino in bathroom badly stained with mould. Carpet stained and thread-bare in places. No choice of pillows, so had to sleep on one that was most uncomfortable.
The worst stay we have ever had. We are taking this disgusting place to fair go and seeking a refund. The website is a farce nothing on it is true including the pool. Being a WINZ motel doesnt mean the rest of us subsidize the non existent facilities. Support Auckland they say!?
We checked in for a 2 day stop overduring the xmas break with the kids after promising a pool and bbq that night. The pool was out of service and looked like its been out of action for a while and we were not allowed to use the BBQ as it was located in the pool area. The upstairs room was completely unsafe for anyone with young children, chairs, beds etc next to windows with flimsey fasteners and no keeps. On first look the room was clean but when you actually look it was filthy. The person on reception refused to give us the managers number or emal as they weren't onsite. All in all after 8 years travelling NZ this is by far the worst place we have ever stayed. Do yourself a favour and avoid at all costs.
I have never paid $189 to stay in such a filthy Motel. The pictures you see on the internet are not true. I was discussed with the accommodation. I had to stay as every where else was booked out and my brother was in North Shore Hospital terminal. I felt like I had been delt another crappy card
The 2 bedroom unit that we were given was nothing like the photos shown on the website. The outside of the building looks run down and the inside of the room was worse. The carpets were stained, the couch was stained, the bath/shower had dead moths in it ( indicating it hadn't been cleaned in a while). It was just gross, and not acceptable for my husband and I, and our 2 children. We very quickly agreed that we were not going to stay there and asked for our money back. Maybe we got unlucky and got an non-renovated room while other rooms have been renovated???? Who knows - but we certainly wouldn't recommend this place!!!