We had booked this all-inclusive stay (hotel + plane).
• Very disappointed, the reception, the service itself.
• The architecture is of a Moorish style. The perfect hotel to be left abandoned. The outdoor pool and bar are closed and under construction. The hotel has about 20 rooms.
• The staff speaks Italian and very little English. Not easy to be understood.
• The rooms deserve some renovations, a lot of tasks on the carpet, under the bed and behind the coffee tables are sal. Housewives do not visibly clean the floor. The curtains are dirty and dusty.
• The bathroom is suitable with shower, toilet, 2 sinks and 1 bidet. However, the mosaic tiling of the shower left with each use. (See photos)
• In the neighborhood, there is not much, it is a rather deserted residential area. Without a car, it's quickly boring.
• The breakfast is very modest.
• The hotel restaurant has a very limited menu. If you do not like Mediterranean cuisine this will be a problem.
• The hotel has a spa, indoor pool, steam room and sauna. Their use is regulated by schedules that are often not respected. The spa staff opens and closes the pool whenever they feel like it.
Finally, I was disappointed with this hotel because the photos that described it and sold it were really to its advantage, in fact it was not the same thing. (Mc Donald's effect.)
Delighted to have only a short stay of 3 days.
I clearly don’t recommend this hotel.
Spent one night here with my husband before travelling back to London. This was the last of our 11 day holiday. Excited at the thought of staying at this 4 star superior rated hotel and spa resort. .
Positives : The Room was clean albeit very dated; the pool area nicely decorated - but lots of insects and got lots of bites - just unlucky ( spent most days at the Beach / pool areas in Siracusa and not bitten once ...) There is free Parking.
Negatives. The breakfast is one of the poorest I’ve seen in a long while. The breakfast area is located in the basement which has no natural light and is thus dark and uninviting .Goodness knows why they can’t serve breakfast outside as dinner is served outside in the open (probably because dinner is extra and not included in the deal)I’ve taken a picture of the view from the basement which is not attractive .
The quality of food is in my opinion dire - especially when Sicily is renowned for its fantastic Mediterranean food.I’ve tried to capture the quality and presentation of the food in some of the photos . Stale reheated croissants .Mostly burnt. Unhygienically laid out in a plastic container; No assortment of cheeses- save for processed cheese slices no choice of meats or bread. Very little fresh fruit .People looked depressed at breakfast . One couple who were staying there for 10 days said they rarely ate breakfast in the hotel!
The Pool rules. You have to wear a shower cap 2 Euro charge -I travel a lot -in some 5 star locations and have never seen this rule before.
The place really is out of the way. Even with a car which I would say is essential there’s very little to do or places to go and visit- so short stays only are recommended. We go to Sicily every year in the early Summer and especially the South is stunningly beautiful. Here there was very little to see. Images of Elliott’s Wasteland came to mind - just miles of nothing ....
There was a spa incentive which was a discount but this was only for the 75 euro massage. No other choices. So I declined.
The place really needs updating and looks very seventies. Very tired and dark inside. I’m at a loss how anyone can give this place a positive rating . I found it depressing .I’m hoping that with constructive criticism improvements can be made.Starting with breakfast
Thank goodness the booking was for 1 night only ...
We booked this hotel as a 4* luxury break, how wrong could you be! This hotel is more like a 1*, the pool was out of action and looked like a building site, the linen on the beds was completely crumpled, leading you to wonder if it was actually clean. The Spa, was falling apart, all the mosaic tilling was broken with large areas completely missing, the pool water was cloudy, the floor in the sauna was disgusting, a breeding ground for disease. The whole hotel is extremely tired and shabby it needs a lot of work doing to it to bring it back to legitimately being a 4* again.
Good size room, balcony, large bathroom.. Plenty of storage although short on hangers. Good lighting. Lovely pool area. Excellent staff. Jacob, Pietro, Danielle and Francisco looked after us very well. Good hotel if you want to just chill by the pool, but surrounding area unlovely. Rubbish strewn including a dead cat that was there when we arrived and still there when we left. Excellent pizza and pasta restaurant nearby, great food at very reasonable prices.
The hotel is adequate, the rooms need "refreshing" with paint and new carpet. The lovely pool was not filled with water when we were there in April... too cold, they said. The hotel is outside of town so it's not easy to walk to sights and restaurants. The hotel restaurant was a bit strange... perhaps it was because we were there in the "off season" but most of the time we were the only ones in a huge dining room. The staff was pleasant and helpful, but if I were to go to Mazara del Vallo again I would chose to stay in the town.