I had chosen this hotel for 2 nights of 28 days in India. My mistake, should have let travel agent book all accommodation. Arrived very late at night with my driver, who was horrified with what he saw and not happy to leave me in a grubby room. The beach, or road outside, would have been more comfortable to sleep on than the lumpy mattress. What I imagine was a bathmat, although too small, was caked in filth and kicked under the bed, where I assume it has remained. I saw one staff member at 6.30 am who courteously asked if I wanted tea, to which I said no thanks. I neither ate nor drank anything here, there was just something I was wary of. The website touts an inn with a difference. The difference is a lack of basic housekeeping, and maintenance. Their only correct claim on their site is the glorious sea view, which I enjoyed at 4 am having tried the bed for 2 hours and given up. I think the owners should wake up to reality and look to seriously improve basics.
Nice plot exactly what you need when u want to break the routine for two days. Food taste very homely staff were helpful, room wise nothing fancy but okay but clean. Same as well for bathroom.our room was at the ground-floor with the verandah. Pick up and drop facility to the rRailway Station was arranged by the hotel. Overall good trip.
Before choosing a hotel for Gopalpur , I search many hotels & read all the review. First thing, there are very few hotels at Gopalpur, so it often get difficult to choose a right one. My recent experience in this hotel was not impressive & reason for this is mentioned point by point. ( I stayed in A/C room for 2 days)
1. No experienced front office manager is available round the clock & no security guard for this hotel. All stuffs are are neither experienced or not trained properly.
2. In my rooms, electric connections were pathetic condition (which you will find in my photos)
3. In breakfast, only bread, egg, puri-sabji & tea is available.
4. In my room, calling bell, TV & geyser were not working & even after the complain, they could not fixed it.
5. Room service was not impressive. In my room, they even forget to clean the dustbin. Then after 5 Hr follow-up, they cleaned the dustbin.
6. Foods are not so tasty as compared to other restaurants, but expensive.
7. They will ask some tips during your check out time, so be prepared for that.
8. They do not have laundry service even they claim it on their website.
9. No direct dialing facility from the room.
Only good thing is that the location. The hotel is very near to sea beach & the whole day you can enjoy siting in the balcony & watching the sea. No other hotel, at Gopalpur has such a nice location. They also arrange the car for local sightseeing & drop at rail station.
I stayed in this hotel for three nights in last week of Nov with family. I booked 2 rooms in first floor. The location is amazing. The hotel is right on the sea beach. Food was Ok, but I would suggest them to replace the utensils they use for serving the food. Overall room condition was Ok type. But they should use cleaner bed-covers and pillow covers. The staff were helpful.
I along with my 3 friends went to gopalpur on last week and stayed at sea pearl hotel, which is located just on the beach. We have booked our room from ttmi kolkata office. From berhampur station it is at a distance of 16 km and auto is available at the station, it will cost you 250 inr. The manager of the hotel is a very humble and nice person Mr anish (7788872838),who was always ready to help the guest. We had requested him for a rooftop dinner and he gladly arranged it for us. The best room of this hotel is 203 and 204. This property is just floating on the sea. You can hear the sound of the wave from your room also. The 1st floor balcony is mindblowing. For any kind of sightseeing, the hotel can arrange for car at very affordable price. Hotel staff are well behaved and always with smiling face. There is also food facility inside the hotel. Food is avarage.