We were led to believe it was true ski in/out, but it is not. More than 100 yards uphill through a parking lot. The hot tub was cold and the room had heating issues. I admit that they tried to address them, but did so unsuccessfully. There are three attached units, and the smallest, hotel room sized does not control the temperature- at least according to the maintenance people. Disappointing all around except for the guys in the local ski shop housed in the hotel. They saved us a ton of money and were a shear pleasure with whom to deal.
The hotel is in a great location, a few minute walk to the main ski lift. Bedrooms are fairly expensive for such old and basic rooms. The kitchen is well equipped and the bathrooms were good. Just the bedrooms let it down. Especially as there is no main lights (just small lamps).
All in all an ok stay.
Just recently left Shadow ridge after a ski trip to Park City
Here are the pros
1. It’s not ski in/out but it’s very close. The walk to the slopes is slightly uphill but not bad at all. About 100 yards
2. Staff at the complex were very nice
3. Room was clean
4. On site ski rental was great
5. About a mile walk to downtown. Easily doable but it is a slow uphill climb. Walking back is much easier.
6. About a half mile walk to a nice grocery
7. A few bars and restaurants at the base of the mountain if you prefer not to be on Main Street.
1. These are condos individually owned so I have no idea what they’re all like. However, I paid extra for the upgraded unit and was very disappointed. It appears that what this means is that new counter tops are put in the kitchen and new tile is in the bathrooms. The fold out sofa was like sleeping on a chain link fence and when I showed the staff they gave me an actual mattress. But I shouldn’t have had to sleep on the floor. The furniture in our unit was pretty old, worn, uncomfortable. I would not pay for the upgrade. It seems a rip off to me.
I’m not sure who did the remodel work but it’s pretty slip shod. Holes in countertop around stove, no caulk on the corners and floors in one bathroom. Old
Tile glue just painted over pretending it’s wall texture.
I stayed in the canyons sundial and it’s much better.
Stayed in a Deluxe one bedroom condo. Unit was clean, nicely furnished, well equipped, nothing to complain about. Staff was friendly and professional. No daily housekeeping but not needed as there were plenty of supplies in the unit. bets thing is location, across the parking lot to the lifts, bus stop less distance. I had gotten and e-mail saying they had discontinued their shuttle service, not an issue since the free bus stop was a few feet away. Took the bus each day downtown to eat dinner. No need for a car. Highly recommend Shadow Ridge.
Don't let their pictures fool you. It is old and outdated, the carpet in our room was scary and looked pretty dirty. The decor was straight from the 80s. The pool is tiny, the parking garage is hard to maneuver in. I would not stay here again, in fact had there been rooms available in town I would have not stayed there at all. We actually left early a night even though we were already charged for it. What we were charged for this place is a joke just because most other places were full