Maryse (Owner) was so warm and welcoming, ready to assist and provided an overview of the facilities upon arrival. Wifi is free. A special request if the room could have a safe... it would have been perfect....In regards to other negative feedback I read on trip advisor,only 1 toilet roll paper being provided, no soaps...AC chargeable...these indeed should be at an additional cost...as the rate paid is only for the accommodation....one should replenish there own stuffs... else better stay in 4 or 5 star resorts!!
One week before we arrived at the hotel, the owner informed that there were no more rooms available,
despite the fact, that the room was confirmed and paid several months in advance and that we have to cancel the room.
We of course refused when we would lose our payment if we canceled the room within a month before arrival.
After a couple of days, our room suddenly appeared again.
Apparently because she found out, that we had already paid and therefore could not change the price.
When we arrived at the hotel, we asked the owner about how the air conditioning worked.
We were told, that unless we paid 5 EUR extra per day, he would not hand over the controller.
Of course we don't want to pay a cheater, so we have to sleep in a very warm room every night.
The room's maintenance condition was also under all criticism
1. The room was not cleaned like the towels were not changed during the stay.
2. The toilet seat was fixed only on one side and hung and dangled.
3. There was only 1 toilet roll available for the entire stay.
4. There were no soap or cleaning items at all. Only a broom and a dustpan was placed in the bathroom.
5. There was only hot water occasionally
6. The shower faucet was defective so you had to keep the shower all the time.
7. If you wanted to heat water for coffee, you had to go into another room and find a contact where the wire could reach.
8. There was a big hole in the bottom of one drawer.
9. Many things mentioned under facilities are not available. Neither safebox nor hot tub.
When we confronted her to all the complainants, the attitude was that it was not her problem and she just went.
If you read previous reviews, you will see, that it is not only us she is trying to cheat and get more money, but it is apparently regular practice.
So stay away from this hotel, if you will not have spoiled your holiday.
- Extremely close to Blue Bay Marine park (very short walk)
- Exceptionally good Wifi
- low price
- Small kitchenette with gas stove, kettle, fridge and microwave
- Not in the best condition (could do with more maintenance)
- Very hot room, we could only sleep with the windows open and the fan on (we stayed in 4 locations in Mauritius, this was the only one with a room so hot).
- Strange exclusions - No rubbish bin, few towels and only one toilet roll (you have to buy if you run out)
If you want a super affordable base to go to Blue Bay, then this is a good option.
Booked a Studio Apartment but got a 2 bedroom apartment on the ground floor across the road. Good location 3 minutes walk to Blue Bay, clean & comfortable. Kitchen is well equipped for self catering. Enough comfort for the small price you pay. Be aware the air con is an added cost if you wish to use it. We will stay here again.
One of the worst hotel ever.. I understand for 37 euros you can not get a 5 stars service but at least they can be honest on their description.
The owners are playing dirty tricks with their clients. When you book the room they write in the description "Features you'll love: sauna, hot tube, steam room" Not true at all!
The room description: "Comforts : air conditioning, fan, linens" but there is a small trick, YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THE AIRCON, 5 euros DAILY!!
My point, they describe many great things to make you book, when you arrive, is an old house, the room is not very clean, you feel like in jail as there is metal grills everywhere in the studio, the bed sheets smell so bad that we had to put our clothes on top to be able to sleep also some animal hair on the floor and in the bed. Then is like 50C degrees inside and not aircon! (I refuse to pay 5 euros extra).
They give you only 1 (one) toilet paper for the entire stay, meaning you have to buy your own toilet paper. They are saving 0,40 Euro on that...Bravo!
The location: Yes, you are 3 minutes walking from the beach ( not the best beach in Mauritius) but at 7:30pm, everything is close, you can not even buy water. So, your holidays will not be the best in this area.
My advise, do not book this hotel, I am sure you can find many others hotels around the same area with the same price or even cheaper, with better quality and value for your money. People need to learn to be honest and if you do not want to ruin your vacation, better look for another place.