Basically by the time i checked it was clear that most of my neighbors hadn’t been to bed in a while. But it was still kinda entertaining and nothing like being able to connect and make friends with your neighbors. =)
It’s like that most of the time, especially weekends. In my room the fridge sounded like a freight train but other than that no complaints.
Motel as a whole is OK. I slept quite well, when the noise from the fireworks ended (July 4th)
But this is, maybe, only the second location, where I did not feel welcome by the staff in the reception. OK, I was 5 minutes early from the stated check-in time at 13:00, but it seemed very important to point out that grave error!
It then turned more sour, when my credit card for some reason declined. I have contacted the issuer to figure out what went wrong. Most likely a glitch on their part or a procedural error from me or the receptionist.
Luckily I had the cash.
I did not have any bad runnings the the remaining staff (cleaning etc) who were all friendly and helpful.
The room had a noisy A/C, but that seems to be the case everywhere. Turn it off and sleep!
I was missing some sort of a table and a chair, however! The fine working WiFi had to be accessed standing or from the bed! All I had was a Q-sized bed and a small thing next to it with two drawers. It took some creativity to do my repacking for the flight home.
The room had an annex, a walk-in closet if you may. Completely empty! A small table and a chair could easily have been placed there.
Everything in the room made of wood seemed rather worn!
Room had a fridge and a microwave. Both in fine, working order.
Neighborhood may be so-so, by judging from the amount of fireworks. At least back home (northern Europe) you see more fireworks in poorer areas!
Some street noise must be expected.
No breakfast was included at my stay. But judging on 60% of my other motel stays on this trip, included breakfast is not worth the x-tra money, nor the trip to the reception for it!
Driving through the district to get to this motel was scary,rundown with lots of really rough neighbourhoods and boarded up shops and houses.
The reception area was filthy with a small window with bars on it, a little Indian lady was waving at me who could not speak English.the manager came and checked me in. “I will give you are best room” and low and behold the out of service jacuzzi bath room was ours, large room with very basic facilities. Needed a good deep clean or better still revamping.
Their were some unsavoury characters in the car park and was concerned for our hire car. We had managed to pick up a sandwich at the airport so locked the door and never ventured out untill checking out. If you value your safety please stay away.
Stay away from this place, the managers attitude is rude, aggressive. Facilities in the room with the spa don’t work. Room is large, clean but uncomfortable. I asked if there were options to rectifying the broken facilities, other staff told me they had been broken for a long time, indicating that it had not been a short term problem and was likely to be a long ongoing problem with no intention of it being fixed. The manager became argumentative and aggressive I said that I hope a solution of compensation could be reached as I didn’t want to give a bad review at which time he threatened that if I was going to give a bad review he was going to call the police. I contacted Acoda who I booked through and was very upset, Acoda compensated for broken facilities. This hotel offers no coffee tea facilities, and is as welcoming as a brick wall at high speed. I was really looking forward to a bath and or spa after a long day travel and ended up very upset, couldn’t wait to get out of the place.
Staff upon check-in was ok, we showed up right at check-in time (3pm)
Room was clean however smelled like cigarette smoke, we asked for non-smoking.
Extremely old and outdated, the furniture looked like it was going to fall apart.
We did not want to deal with changing rooms as we were in a hurry. So we blasted the a/c and left as we had a family baptism to attend.
Returned and room still smelled slightly like smoke, but it was more tolerable.
Got woken up around 2am as we heard banging and people yelling, NOT a good area.
Very shady and did not feel safe. The screaming persisted for a while and eventually passed out from exhaustion.
Check-out the following morning was easy, just left keys at front as no one was in the office at the time.
Will never stay here again, EVER!