My girlfriend and I booked this 5 star hotel because we were amazed by pictures which we saw on the internet. Our impression is the same - far, far, far bekow expectations. There are some things which were great and I will mention them first. The view (beautiful sea view and sunset), the location of the hotel (pine forest all around the hotel) and the whole ambient is really perfect. The beach is not like it is on booking.com pictures (it has far more stones than sand), but that is the reason why the water has very beautiful color, and that's completely ok. All mentioned above has nothing to do woth human factor. But when it comes to human factor - completely disaster! We had a couple of unpleasant surprises (which is a lot considering the number of days which we spent there), and I will not hesitate to mention all of them.
1. Our first day, we were exploring the hotel. After aome time on the beach, we were sitting in the beach bar, next to the fence. After a while, in the middle of our espresso, the cleaning stuff came and ask us to move because they have to clean the fence, because of disinfection. We said ok, but since all tables were busy, we thought that they will move our table away from the fence, so we can sit again and they can continue with cleaning (which was in the busiest time of the day). No! We had to move the table, drinks and chairs on our own!
2. The infinity pool - infinity dissapointment! Although it's a hotel suitable for children, it has it's own adult beach, as well as adult pool called infinity pool. No matter from which side you are coming, there are clearly visible signs "16+". Couple of times we tried to find peace on that pool for reading books or a nap time. We didn't find it because there were also little children, jumping into the pool and screaming all the time. Stuff didn't do nothing about it.
3. Same pool, new dissapointment. One day, we came early and took our sunbeds. After an usual morning, we went on a lunch, leaving our towels and personal belongings on our sunbeds. When we came back after one hour, there was another couple on our sunbeds with their towels. We saw our towels, our bags and our PERSONAL belongings next to it. We were frustrated that someone touched and moved our bags and towels, but we politely asked them to move because those were our sunbeds. They refused and told us that the rule is that the pool boy is removing towels and bags from sunbeds if there is no one on them for 45mins. It was a bul**hit because no one has a right to touch your private belongings, especially not a pool boy in a 5 star hotel. Also, we used to play cards in a beach bar for more than one hour, and when we would come back, our towels were there, so it was obvious that she was lying. When we asked that pool boy to reslive the situation, he said that he can't do nothing about it. When we asked him to call someone superior who can resolve that situation, he said that he is in charge for that pool. We did not find any understanding from the staff, which left us a clear message: you can freely touch and move other people belongings, we are not responsible for the disorder at this pool. We had to pick up our belongings and to go to the room, since it was 14:00 and there was no free sunbeds niether on the pool or beach. Very unprofessional and dissapointing.
4. We booked a sailing trip in Fethyie, and when driver came to pick us up from the hotel, he was forbidden to enter into the hotel because of covid situation (which is the decision that we respect). When we asked on the reception for someone to drive us to the main gate (which is a 7,8mins of uphill walking) with their golf cars, they told us that it's not possible. We still do not know why. We had to walk to the main gate. Also, when I mentioned the reception already, it looks like a reception if a 3 star hotel.
5. Escape adventures - Inside the hotel, there are Escape adventures - paragliding, jet ski and everything else. We asked for the price of rhino boar safari, and the guy who is working at their shop near the reception told us that it is 80 euros for two persons. After two days, we came to book our ride and to pay, and when I took 80 euros from my wallet to pay him, he told me "No no, it's 95 euros". I paid it to him, amd our rhino boat safari was absolutely perfect, but it was shocking to hear two different prices in two different days. This is a 5 star hotel, show some class!
General opinion is completely dissapointment. It's good for families with kids, but for someone who is looking for peaceful vacation, wrong choice! No matter if they claim to have adult beach and pool, they don't respect it and they are not intrested to reslove this issue. Previously we stayed in a Rixos hotel in Bodrum and Delphin Palace in Antalya, which also have 5 stars hotel. Liberty Hotels Lykia is not even up to their knees.
We really hoped that we would find a hospitable staff (there are some very stuff, but only a few of them), and that we would have a pleasant feeling of welcome, but to our regret, we were wrong.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Response from Mehmet Biçer Liberty Hotels Lykia , Genel Müdür at Liberty Hotels Lykia
Responded 1 week ago
Merhaba, We thank you for choosing our hotel and country during the difficult days we are in. Our thoughts on your comment; 1) Due to the Covid-19 rules and risk, our staff must constantly clean and disinfect. We expect all our guests to approach this issue with tolerance. 2) Although very rarely, children may come to our +16 infinity pool and our staff on duty intervenes immediately. 3) In order for all our guests to benefit equally from our facilities, our staff has the right to remove the towels left on the sun loungers in accordance with the 45-minute rule. Of course, our guests' personal belongings are excluded. We regret that you blame our staff on this issue. In addition, we have many pool alternatives in our hotel and you could sunbathe there. 4) Due to Covid-19 rules / risk and security reasons, we do not let any company whose services we do not control and do not have a contract with, to our facility. We only allow them to the main entrance door. Because the wellbeing, health and safety of all our guests is very important to us. 5) We made the necessary meetings and warnings with Escape Adventure company.( they said there was a misunderstanding ) We apologize to you for this. In addition, guests can always see the price list. Despite everything, we think that we do not deserve a bad grade like 1 point. We wish you a pleasant day / holiday.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC