Very nice and quiet place with a lovely pool and small restaurant (yet very good !).
The owner Jean-Pierre was very friendly during our stay. He advised us to visit some places and allowed us to keep the room for few extra hours in order to take a shower before leaving for our next destination.
The staff is also very friendly and always smiling; here to please you.
Merci ! Obrigado ;-)
Everything was wonderful. The breakfast, superb; the cordiality of all the staff, the pool (although the place seemed to be full at breakfast, we have the pool for ourselves many times), the lovely suite we had (an enormous suite with 2 balconies and view to the pool and the sea beyond the "Ecologic sanctuary", we also had a microwave and amenities to eat there if we wanted and a super big bathroom with two showers!), all were perfect. I have to make a special mention of the free transport to Pipa center or the different beaches; you only have to say when you want to go, and they take you or go to look after you to return. This transport make the difference, because you are not in center, but you can go there whenever you want. Anyway it is not sooo far from Pipa center, we have walked this way 2 or 3 times. You can also eat in the restaurant with reasonable prices. I would return to Oka da Mata undoubtely! Thank you!
From the moment you arrive, you're greeted with first class care. The rooms are impeccably clean, the drivers are so friendly (they take you anywhere in Pipa as a courtesy), the complementary breakfast is excellent (we know good food), the pool area is magnificent, but most of all - you receive the best of both worlds - a tranquil oasis made to feel steps away from the incredible ambiance.
We stayed for 4 memorable nights and will be back here for our next visit. Thank you to Jean-Pierre and the wonderful team you've created! S & L
I'll acertainly return to the same hotel.
1. The hotel is practically within an ecological reserve and the views from the hotel are the treetops and the sea;
2. Few apartments are available (maybe 17). So, more exclusivity in the service;
3. Rustic and comfortable rooms. All with an exclusive balcony;
4. The breakfast is good. Brazilian season fruits. I really enjoyed the restaurant. tip: Soup of Robalo with Camarao (in Portuguese: " Ensopado de Peixe e Camarao");
1. Rent a car at Natal airport (best: book before). It's cheap, easy and you get more independence to go to the beaches;
2. The sunrise in the summer is before 5am. Watch a walk along Madero or Cacimbinhas Beaches;
3. The Dolphins and Mines beaches aren't be missed. The Dolphins Bc. the water is calm and it is possible to see with proximity the dolphins. Mines Beach is deserted and receives sea turtles, but it's not possible to see them, since it comes in the spawning period;
4. Get to know the Tibau do Sul Beach, but the side of the lagoon as a swimming pool.
A great pousada on the edge of town. Around 15 spacious rooms, which could easily accommodate our family of two adults and two children. A fantastic breakfast served looking out onto the good sized swimming pool and sea beyond. Our children loved the place, with plenty of room to roam around safely between our room, the pool table, the TV lounge and veranda chill out area.
Ivan, who drove the shuttle bus, was very helpful and flexible, running us into town and out to Praia da Madeira. If you’re looking for a beach, this was our favourite. We also figured out that the hotel beach bar at Madeira wasn’t any more expensive than the other beachside shacks, and was a little quieter, with a great shower too.
Would definitely recommend Oka da Mata either for a couple’s weekend, or a stay with children.