When we arrived there was no one at reception. We waited for about 45 minutes until someone came out. They did not speak a word of english. Showed us to our room but was more interested in shouting in his phone call. Our room was facing the main road so it was too noisy to sleep.
The TV did NOT work.
The wifi did NOT work.
The air-con did NOT work.
This is complete false advertising.
The room had ants all over the place. They couldn’t move us room because there was none available, but we did not see any other guests the whole time we was there. There was also birds locked in cages at the bottom of our balcony so all you could smell was bird poop every time we went to our room. Had the worst time here and would never stay again even if you paid us, would not recommend this place even to someone i hate! Even breakfast was a nightmare, i sat down and waited 15minutes until she brought me a menu, then stood over my shoulder basically rushing me to decide what i want. Toast which was not toasted and scrambled eggs which was cold.
Beach outside the front was covered in garbage, saw many dead rats, and it had a sewage pipe running through it. There are alot nicer resorts down the road which were similarly priced.
If you are looking for a nice pet friendly hotel, with nice room, nice view in Mui Ne, this is the one. I have visit The Shades 2nd times for lunar new year break with my kid and 02 little dogs. The place has been kept very nice with care by friendly staffs. We have our beach right in front very quite and clean. The dogs can go direct to the beach for a run. Rooms here are design as apartment, in which there is kitchen and living room, fridge, some kitchen stuff for you to make your own cook. The only not quite nice is not much option for breakfast, either egg bacon and bread or phở with some fresh fruit and Caphe Sữa Đá. I am planning for next year break or summer break back here with big family and our pets of course. 😋
Stayed here for 3 nights. It’s placed in an ideal spot on the strip with restaurants and shops just outside.
Our room was nice and clean and had good air con. This is a small hotel so had a more unique feel about it and it wasn’t busy. Plenty of sun beds and tables to sit at overlooking the sea.
Staff were very kind and attentive and always smiling! We loved seeing Tom and Lou the gorgeous dogs every time we came back from a day out or went out for breakfast.
My partner was ill one evening so I went out and bought some noodles from the local shop, and a staff member kindly heated these up for me and put them in a bowl with some chopsticks - probably so I didn’t feel like I was eating a ready meal!
We had a great stay and will definitely stay again if we come back to Phan Thiet.
Cannot fault the room, spacious comfortable good ac nice bathroom. Breakfast is fairly basic but good. Staff very friendly. Two problems
1. Ironically the thing Shades lacks is any shade! They only have one umbrella on the beach terrace so you either lie in direct sun or pay to go to one of the other resorts nearby.
2. We sat outside our room by the pool a few nights and there are very large rats running around, going round the pool and also into the open plan kitchen area.
Mui Ne beaches are full of resorts and this Shades Resort is one the best in my opinion.
1) Beach front
2) small resort with only 10 rooms.
3) services are excellent. I think the breakfast is quite good if you are not choosy
4) small pool to dip and cool off
5) Enough of chairs and sun beds for sun lovers
6) Clean and comfortable
7) Restaurants, massage centers, convenient shops, souvenir shops everywhere
8) Pricing is very reasonable for tour, foods and other services
Minus points ( not a big deal to us)
1) Mosquitos in the room. Although they don’t really bite, just a bit of annoying is you are a light sleeper.
2) interior of room is a bit aged but trust me you will get all you need in the room. Very spacious room also.