Firstly, Dubai is an amazing place and everything is such good quality it leaves you with better expectations than this hotel delivered, unfortunately.
- we were left waiting at reception for an hour at check in with no explanation, after an 8 hour flight. Only after asking, we were told our room was being prepared but we were in a queue. Had we known we could’ve taken a walk for a much needed cup of coffee (which alas wasn’t offered).
- we asked for a non smoking room but it stank of stale cigarettes
- the aircon can be set to 10 degrees celcius but never got below 24 degrees
- The WiFi worked intermittently the first day. After that, it only ever worked in the lobby. When we asked why, we were told they had supplier problems that we wouldn’t understand because theirs government was very different to the UK. I can’t understand why the supplier still allowed it to work in the lobby...
- Rooms weren’t made up until around 5pm which wasn’t convenient if you wanted to get ready for dinner.
- There was an annoying nightlight permanently on through the night under the bedside table
- No plug sockets near the beds
- Everything was a bit worn out and tired
- No robes or slippers as advertised which would’ve been nice for the spa
As a positive, the hotel is near the metro and has an ice machine! The staff were also good when we asked for a shower cap and sewing kit (not supplied as standard). The gym also has a smith machine and decent selection of free weights.
Final bit of advice: taxis are pretty available and cheap, but carry the address on you as no one seems to know where anything is!
Dubai Experience overall was brilliant.
The hotel in the other hand was ...okay
I suggest to those that are coming to this hotel make sure you know what you are paying since we had to pay for Tourism fee which wasnt a problem for us, the Travel Agency had not mentioned that so we were not clear. Checkin was smooth, handled very good with one gentleman I forgot his name but he was very courteous. But the rooms werent as great, carpets was hideous, this type of stains should be at a 2 star hotel not 4!!! Hous keeping seems to fail to provide amenties for our rooms. We had to get our amenities by calling to the operator 5 times. The same answer given was “Its on the way” so we had given up and went down to reception. We informed the lady Samantha in the lobby to get it done,once we came back from outside, it has been done. Thanks to Samantha and Khockon who always greeted us all the time and would go out of their ways to get things sorted. Also have spoken to the manager Shetsal who helped us to get a cab.
Pool and Gym was very clean, we were pleased with that.
I was really enjoying my stay here. Really nice rooms, restaurant and gym but all was completely ruined because of the customer service after a stupid laundry mix up. I've been travelling for over 1 year in really nice hotels and never paid much for laundry. I gave them a small bag and they charged me over $100 for laundry. It just happened so i am still furious but it just ruined what could have been a nice stay when they had nothing to say or offer any solutions. Yes I should have checked the price list but i did not expect to pay $5 for a single pair of socks to be washed.
I travel quite a bit and I have never stayed Best Western, but I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is in great location, 10 min from the airport, close to metro station and shopping areas. Upon arrival it was seamless checking and I was upgraded to higher floor non-smoking where my room was quite, clean and comfortable. Had city view. Excellent staff, pleasant and knowledgeable. The hotel has good amenities gym, sauna, pool etc. I would definitely come back....
This is the fourth time we have stayed at this hotel. It is good value for money. Staff are very helpful. Less than 40 Dirhams cab fare from airport. Only 2 minute walk to metro station. Metro is a good and cheap way way to get round. Rooms are spacious abd extremely clean. Good facilities such as wifi, gym, tea and coffee making and safe. The only downside is the buffet breakfast has deteriorated over the past 2 years however, it I s still satisfactory. Would stay again.