Okay, like the title says. The Blue Lagoon Villas is located at the district of Manoc Manoc of Boracay island. Away from all the hip and happening places like the bars and the music which is mostly at the White Sands beach which is on the other side of the island.
So the advantage is that is quiet and peaceful at night. And this place has its own swimming pool. It is a quite a walk to town (about 15 to 20 minutes away) and another 10 minutes walk to the popular white sands beach (you will emerge at the far end of station 3)
The rooms are fantastic. Quite spacious and the toilet frankly is too big too. Lot's of space. And we got the smallest room, Room 1. This place is quite private as it only has 6 rooms and the penthouse suites currently occupied by the caretakers. The closet space was also quite spacious for us and they have a safe in the room for us to keep our valuables such as our passports.
The caretaker and hotel manager is an expat from Sweden who is married to local Filipino woman with one kid. Lovely family and very helpful too. They will call a cab for you if need be.
When we arrived at the hotel we were already had people waiting for us. Well since they are only 7 rooms all in all, they will know who and when their guest are arriving. So thumbs up for the personal touch upon check-in.
Upon arrival we had a glass of ice cold iced tea and some fruits too.
The air-conditions are all individual units in the room. They do make request you switch off all the lights including the airconditioning unit as they are saving power.
I got Unit 1 and was pleasantly surprised of its size. The room itself and the ensuite bathroom were really large. The bed was comfortable also. But what is very nice is actually the outdoor space. The villas are beach-front (Tulubhan Beach) and they have a swimming pool too. It is really relaxing just to lounge on the patio enjoying the views.
Marcus, the manager, is very accommodating. He made sure I settled in well and engaged in conversations regarding the villas.
Note that Tulubhan is far from White Beach or D' Mall. You will have to take a tricycle or backride on a motorcycle to get there. However, if you want tranquility, then you should try this place.
Also, this is not a hotel so do not expect hotel amenities like a free breakfast or complimentary soap / shampoo.
I stayed with a friend at Penthouse 1, Marcus is a nice host overall and it's nice chatting to him about the island and his people. They also clean the rooms at anytime of the day nothing to complain about the service. The apartment is perfect for a couple however if you are two or more guests requiring some privacy I would not recommend it as the second bedroom is in a passage from the entrance door and the only bathroom of the apartment is en-suite to the main bedroom, so to get into it at night you must go through the main bedroom. For 350usd a night it's not cheap as you can find good hotel rooms at 150 a night so I am not sure renting an apartment like this is that great advantage if you don't have the feeling to have a beach house all for you at the end.
Decided to celebrate my birthday here last Oct. 21.
1. Hotel is really good, the way its constructed and design
2. Room is really spacious and have nice artistic design to it. Have all you need from TV, Ref to Kitchen wares and all the needed utilities.
3. Bathroom is big that we can have a party on to it.
4. Front beach but in other side but still good
5. Quiet, very relaxing place no one will disturb you no noisy bar around you
6. Of course the so good manager, Sir Markus. Foreigner yet very delightful to talk and manage us from everything we need Personally!. He even wait for our arrival in our room to welcome us which is already past 9pm and explain to us things we can do and everything we need. Kudos to that Sir Markus!
Things can be improve further:
1. Hotel service will be nice but I believe there is during pick season as theres a van in garage of hotel. Good to have it as the Hotel is alittle far from stations but theres cabs or tricycle that can be use.
2. Proper room service and visibility of guard and other personels though we go there during non pick season so thats explains it as well
3. Food chooses and availability, during our non pick season stay theres few food available but good thing is that its plenty and cheap.
4. Telephony in rooms, this is essential specially if we need to have a food delivery to we understand the reason besides it. Why you will have a call to deliver like pizza when you are in Boracay right haha. Though Sir Markus will help you and give you a phone to call in case you really need it.
5. Not associated with hotel but during our visit the road is under contruction which make the travel from hotel to stations vice versa is alittle hard. Of course it wont be forever under construction haha
Overall I like the hotel specially how it was manage by Sir Markus. Alittle let down but its understandable due to non pick season which result to cut over of some personnels. My experience everything is good and I would recommend this for people who want quiet place and have time to your partner. Hahaha which my stay is alittle longer its like our house already and we are will to stay again in our next visit.
Thanks again Sir Markus, will sure comeback next time :)
We stayed at the blue lagoon villas for 4 nights in August 2015 and we really enjoyed the place.
The location is a bit away from white beach but we didn't consider it as a negative point. Indeed, you will enjoy a calm and peaceful atmosphere (you will have to join the main road to get a tricycle though)
Our villa had a stunning and direct view to the ocean and was well designed and equipped. However the jacuzzi didn't seem to work but we didn't insist as the pool was just few centimeters away from the room.
The safe was not working as well but Markus (the manager) kindly proposed to keep our passports.
We had the occasion to have some chitchat with Markus and he appeared to be a very nice guy, he gave us lot of useful tips.
Overall we really enjoyed our time at the blue lagoon villas and would definitely recommend it!