Basic but realistically priced option just slightly outside the hustle and bustle. If you opt for a fan-only room, ask for one at the back of the annex; the street-front rooms are much noisier and get too much afternoon sun. Staff can help arrange tours and transfers.
Our stay at Luis Bay wasn’t perfect but we truly enjoyed it. We booked it through a travel agency along with tours so I have no clue how its price places in the market but I’m pretty sure it’s a budget place.
- The hotel staff’s hospitality is superb! I really feel welcomed from the check-in through check-out. Shout out to Angie;)
- Room/ bathroom are spacious, clean, well-lit.
- Food was good & relatively affordable (except for the american breakfast)
- Lodge is nearby the island hopping rendezvous, market, luahlahati park & restaurants (we initially thought that this was a bad location as we kept on hiring trikes whenever we were heading out)
- Relaxing view from the restaurant
- Relatively cheaper food than those in the main road.
- There were intermittent power/ water interruptions during our stay. Imagine the experience in the middle of having a shower.
- It was hard to maneuver the shower at our room. I had to figure it out a couple of times. It seemed broken; I just got tired of seeking help as we barely stayed in our rooms anyway.
Verdict: The pros totally outweighed the every single con— so I’d say go. This is a good deal (great, actually) for a budget hotel.
I have nothing but good words for this lodge. I am not sure about the rate per night because we booked through a travel agency for my husband's birthday trip in Coron but we totally enjoyed our 5d4n stay here.
Friendly, courteous and attentive hotel staff. We requested for a change in towel and they immediately responded. Always willing to help and greet us consistently since day 1
They have hot and cold shower.
Room is decent and clean.
Airconditioned unit is working perfectly.
Food from their restaurant are all good.
Hassle free airport transfer (with coordination from our travel agent, I guess)
Near the port for island hopping activities
Smelly bedsheets and pillow cases
Water interruption for a few minutes in the morning.
We experience brownout for a few minutes as well in some days.
Although there are some negative comments, we still love this lodge and will definitely stay here again when we visit Coron.
I booked 4 nights stay in Luis Bay. When I checked in, the catch was they gave me a different room type from the one I booked. Thankfully, they were able to change my room as some guest checked out. My Online Travel Agency Provider (Traveloka) helps me a lot and their Customer Service Representative did a great job in providing assistance and they make sure that the problem was solved. The property is located nearby other attractions like Mt. Tapyas, Lualhati Park and walking distance to different kind of Bars, Restaurants and souvenir shops.You can save money for transportation expenses as you go around the town. The hotel staff are quite shy but can still managed to greet their guests cheerfully. The best part of being a guest in Luis Bay is that when I did my canvassing almost around the town, the Luis Bay offers more way cheaper Tour Rates and Activities compare to any other Travel agencies in town. 👍
We’ve been travelling for a year now and we’ve stayed cheap in lots of places and countries and this hotel (if that’s what you want to call it) is the worst I’ve ever stayed in! We were met at reception by a woman who asked if we had a reservation then asked to see proof of our reservation and stood reading it for ages then opens up her book and there are our names right in front of her! She knew we had a booking but just loved to waste her time and ours! We were taken to a room which was literally a sauna/sweat pit! Mould all over the ceiling, windows that wouldn’t close so mosquitoes could come inside and the bathroom had a colony of ants living in it crawling up the walls etc and no toilet seat either! Yes this room was cheap but my god it was disgusting I wish we had only booked one night and not two! Would not recommend anyone to stay here!