Reviews for Andromeda Hill are mixed and that heavily depends in your expectations.
I will try to present the pros and cons of the place and each one can make their own mind.
1. Location. In the middle of old Jaffa is just a few hundred meter within everything. You have a couple of restaurants and mini markets just 100m away from the gate and everything else is within 10-15 min walk. The old city and the galleries, bars, restaurants, the promenade etc.
2. Connection. It is fairly easy to find a taxi if you stand on the intersection of Yefet and Luis Pasteur. Alternatively you walk by the clock tower, 600m away and find plenty. There is one bus that drops you off right outside Andromeda if you come from downtown (no 10) and another one that pick you up some 200m away and takes you downtown to Savidor train station and bus yard. Alternatively you walk about 1 km down to Yerusalem boulevard and a whole bunch of buses take you downtown. Mind you that public transport stops from Friday evening till Saturday evening and that Yerusalem boulevard will soon be close due to tram works.
3. Parking. Each apartment has a designated parking spot on the underground garage. The first time might be better if someone shows you your spot but you'll get around. Mind you that unlike most the world level -1 is deeper than level-2.
4. Reception. Is is open workdays only, Sunday to Thursday 9.00 to 17.00. If you need something outside these hours tough luck.
5. Amenities. The pool, the kids playroom, sauna, pool table and gym are good and you can spend your time there if you wish. The surrounding is also OK.
6. Housekeeping. That is really the low point in Andromeda Hill. The time that they come is inconsistent as well as their services. Sometime they just pick the trash (luckily on -1 you can dumb them yourself), sometime they forget to change linens, mopping is just a joke and don't even look below the bed and the sofa. It is really disappointing, next to filthy. Apparently the workforce takes a really relaxed approach towards their role. Unfortunately that is way below the cleaning standards of similar expensive establishments around the world. Did I say expensive? Yes it is. Estimate some 3,000 USD per month for below par services.
7. Rooms. There are different blocks (11 I believe) and they seem to have different standards of interior decoration. Andromeda opened around 2000 to the public and apparently the furniture, the bathrooms and the white appliances were already dated when installed. Most of the 2-bedroom apartments feature gas oven and stovetop, a refrigarator and a washing machine. Some of the studios do not have a washing machine. The balcony doors tend to leak when there is heavy rainfall and water forms ponds on the floor. The closet, the iron board, the iron itself all are quite old. The staff and the technicians are quite helpful when you gave a problem with internet, boiler, appliances but is only so much they can do when dealing with old and dated furniture and equipment.
Overall for one or two days might be OK but for longer period is not my taste. Is up to you.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC