Was great to be back to Eilat after 12 years!
Love the city but did not love the hotel. Hotel is ok but not worth the money snd definetly not a 5 star hotel.
- the service is not attentive at all, the staff is basically absent, there is not enough of staff
- no service in the swimming pool, get up and get your coffee all the way from the lobby
- no service in the breakfast room - go and fetch your own coffee or hunt for a waiter
- staff pretty rude all over, some exceptions but just a few
- lousy gym
- no concierge or guest relations personnel to be seen when you look for one
- the security personnel - a young woman in the main entrance of hotel behaved in a very rude manner to an other guest when he asked her directions to the near by supermarket. When I confronted her about her behaviour she started nagging about how she had had a night sift the night before and continued ”barking” like an idiot to me, a guest of the hotel! I got furious and complained immediately to the service manager
- the whole hotel just oudated and very tired!
Just a big, big dissapointment. Not worth the money - at all! We were looking to book the Dan hotel but missed the opportunity - unfortunately 😩 Will not be back to Herods again, that is for sure!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Response from sandran589, Guest Relations Manager at Herods Palace Eilat Hotel
Responded 28 Feb 2020
Dear Osnat, I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Perhaps on a possible future visit to Eilat you would reconsider staying with us again and we could show you that we really can do better. Warm Regards, Sandra Nahoum Guest Relations Manager
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC