The hotel is quiet during my stay, I think maybe effective by Covid-19 as anywhere else. my room is so beautiful view which's I can see over view of river and a part of city at night time. Service is very good and friendly, they help us on buying a souvenir of Hue which's my partner like it a lot. Breakfast is many different choice, servers are well care people seating around. Reception is lovely faces, well supporting they made us few at home.
I will definite introduce to my friends and family, thank you for good care.
Location is good and rooms comfortable with a nice view to the
river. Breakfast is average. However the reception service is slow and I had to ask for room to be made up. Overall ok but let down by the service.
Can't stop complaining
0. Service was okay
1. Noisier than a restaurant: there is a super loud bar right opposite to the hotel, bombarding you till midnight (by Century Hotel, likely to deliberately cause noise to other hotels). Yet the noise isolation was non-existent in room and you can only switch your room.
2. 5-min hot water
They use a storage tank water heater that only lasts 5 to at most 10 min (exact wording from their staff when you complain); what a joke for a 4-star hotel
3. Terribly designed bathroom
The aircon is delivering air right outside bathroom; with the ventilation fan, the cold air comes right in the bathroom and makes you use more hot water. There are overhead shower head and a handheld shower head, but the one above you will make water very cold due to heat lost , while the handheld one is unusable as the design only gives you painfully pressurised water. Also, the handheld one get restricted by the stupidly short water tube, restraining your movement if you want it to shower over your head. Ridiculous design.
4. Poorly thought socket position
Usually there are sockets near the bedside table and yes they do, but beneath the bedside table. To use it, you either need to crawl on ground or move the table. Stupid
5. No standing masseur
You need to make well-advance booking to use the SPA service, not even hours ahead. Likely they don't have any masseur in the hotel
6. Poorly maintained
You can see scratches all over the room floor, table and desk. More like 1/2-star
An excellent property; view from river view room was outstanding! Bed was comfortable, a/c functioned well, room was large and clean with minibar fridge. Buffet breakfast was excellent, with offerings for Western and Asian tastes and a pho/egg station.
The property is located on the outskirts of a tourist quarter with many restaurants and bars, nightlife. A Highlands Coffee is attached and pharmacies, minimarts, and laundry is nearby. Across Le Loi ia a very clean and pleasant park, and the city and the Citadel are within a long walking distance.
I would argue with the review complaining of bathroom glass wall, juice glass size, etc., and accusing this property of “faded glory”. These are mere quibbles. As one who has been traveling extensively throughout Phils, Cambodia, VietNam, and Cambodia (on week two of my 20th 12-week trip), I would put this property at the top of the many I have stayed in, excluding true luxury destinations. This is my pick for a return to Huê.
Sadly, I would have to say this hotel was the most disappointing of our 2 weeks in Vietnam. It has a great location for walking and exploring however, their are a few things to watch out for:
1. Massive glass window in the bathroom with a blind but still not very private if travelling with friends
2. Disco or nightclub or something similar on the 11th floor meaning thud thud music in our room on the 9th floor til about 10pm ish each night.
3. Breakfast is your standard mix of European and local. Would have loved a decent size glass for juice and not a rice bowl for cereal.
4. Views of the Perfume River are lovely
5. Lot of cheap eat restaurants within a few min walk of the hotel.
6. Beds are very hard
Otherwise, a standard 3 star hotel on its way to faded glory.