Date of stay: June 2014Trip type: Travelled with family
I am avid traveler and have been to good, average and bad hotels. But this hotel is terribly unique. It was such a bad experience for us.
I was with family and because of weekend Nainital was packed so had to search on cleartrip and going by the rating booked Hotel Traveller Inn. Rest I will jot down in points.
1. The receptionist made me wait for 25 mins.
2. Rooms were very small and stinky. They charged Rs.3000 a room and the rooms were not even worth Rs.900/-. Linen was not even changed. On asking they said they don't have clean linen and that we have to use the same.
3. Second room was stinking with smell of smoke and alcohol.
4. No rooms have any windows and there are no ACs.
5. Bathrooms were stinky and the windows opened in store from where anyone could peek in.
6. When asked about ventilation, receptionist asked us to keep the doors open. He admitted that they get such complains but can't do anything.
7. Was forced to look for another place and I immediately left this hotel.
8. Called cleartrip for refund as the hotel was not as described, but cleartrip is not refunding. Hotel did not refund as well. But I was happy staying in another place then in this stinky dirty hotel.
9. To my surprise they just have about 5-6 staff including receptionist, cooks, waiters and manager. Receptionist was serving in the restaurant later during dinner.
Book at your own risk..
Room Tip: If you are visiting Nainital better get a booking in Nainital near Naini Lake.
If you want a...
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Response from dhanraj singh D, Manager at OYO 4109 Hotel Traveller Inn
Responded 11 Jul 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Traveller Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. The main problem begins from communication between guest and travel agent . first of all deluxe room booked by the guest and guest paid for only deluxe room .when guest checked in the hotel, he does not like it , management try to help them and ready to upgrade room also free of cost without charging extra but unfortunately that day hotel rooms were sold out , management has no option to upgrade room after that guest asked for refund the money but we are unable to give refund because guest comes from clear trip and guest knows about it and guest also discussed to the travel agent (clear trip ) . finally guest decided to leave hotel room and he booked room in different hotel and his family member stayed over there .guest has taken room key with himself and in the midnight only one member of the guests came back to the hotel for sleep and morning he checked out . guest has written lot of points about the hotel and we are running this business last two years and we never received this kind of complaints . just let you some of the comments written by the guest is not correct . Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to hotel traveller Inn in the future.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC