Despite the cleanness of the rooms at the arrival, the common area were never cleaned during our stay (one week). The carpet on the common areas in a poor condition. Cockroach found in the bathroom and bedrooms, fact that I find normal taking in consideration the condition of certain things like installations, floor condition etc... Apart these negative aspects, nice stay, nice location of the villa, generous space for car parking , good reception, safety measures in the context of Covid well applied.
Arcachon is a trendy place for French families enjoying high season summertime, so we tried to find a right place to stay for a week that wasn't super-expensive but as good as possible. This place was rated quite good somewhere on the Internet so we booked! It was not the best decision, really... Let's face the facts:
- staff is extremely rude and unfriendly
- room is old, furniture is cheap
- all kinds of insects will enjoy your room (ants, mosquitoes, bugs...)
- old TV does not allow USB connection, got to go via HDMI with your laptop
- kitchen equipment is a joke! I love eating yogurts with soup spoons
- takes an hour for the water to boil and cook some spaghetti
- after 5 days we had to go and request our towels to be changed. Policy is unclear about that (both maid and front desk told us 2 different versions).
- nobody ever enters your room (and that is exactly how the lady at the front desk tells you about the fact that you need to clean your own room). Oh, I forgot to mention this is more like a residence or apartment, forget the hotel concept
- Buffet breakfast is just average, better buy your own stuff at the supermarket
- had to ask for extra pillows, took me some time, finally got them when they realized I was not gonna quit.
- Swimming pool was not working the first 2 days (fact!)
- outside parking has limited capacity, can't guarantee a spot for your car
- the WC room (separate from the bathroom) has no ventilation
- front desk is only available a few hours per day
Now let me try to think of something good... Oh! Yes! It's 10 minutes walking distance from the beach.
We booked a room with two beds and got a double room with a small bed (140cm). When we asked the reception for another room, they asked us why it is a problem to sleep in one bed and that there were no other room available. We did not receive any refund. Our apartment was in the Souterrain and very dark. It was clean but from our perspective not worth the price.
In the bathroom was not enough toilet paper so that we had to buy some after one day.
Former grand hotel, now stripped back to apathotel. Consequently no bar or restaurant, but easy walk from most of the restaurants and bars in town - really good choice. Service from reception very good and excellent place recommended to eat. Very clean and spacious room and facilities (microwave, fridge freezer etc.) would make preparing and eating in room easy. Wooden floors in bedrooms do mean some noise from upstairs neighbours inevitable.
I really love the Villa Regina. I bring a group of adult students every year from the states for a month in May-June. This year the group had 24 people. The apartments are ideal for long term stays since they are large enough and with a kitchenette (microwave, full refrigerator, cooktop, dishes). Bottom level has some apartments walking out into the pool area. The beautiful solarium was ideal for classes. Aircon in that room is working pretty well for afternoon classes but am is better. It might be too hot in August. (No aircon in any other room). Ten minutes through a park to get to downtown Arcachon. A washer dryer is available. Staff very professional. Most speak great English. Continental breakfast very good, but extra price for sure. Sizable elevator and accessible entrance ideal for big luggage and a wheel chair accessible studio with bathroom too. Parking lot adjacent. We will come again next year for sure.