Turned up to sleep after a night shift working in Devon, I ended up getting a couple of hours in, IN MY CAR. I couldn’t sleep in the room we were allocated.
My mate who was with me, slept on top of the covers for 2 hours, fully clothed and got bit by whatever was living in the bed.
Dirty bedding, filthy carpets, broken shower door, no towels, no heating, tv didn’t work, balcony was rotted, the whole place stank to high heaven of damp,
2 very tired blokes, with no high expectations, and we even turned our nose up to it.
We got our company to find us alternative accommodation. It was DISGUSTING
This place has clearly not seen a clean in years.
How the local authority is allowing this stinking hell hole to steal people’s money is beyond me. Shameful!!
The thumbnail of this ‘hotel’ is not reflected in the actual place.
Big open spaces, large kitchen and plenty of en suite bedrooms. Great for parties but it also looks like it's hosted asome good parties. Big garden with great views. Close to local pubs and good short drive to some of the local beaches.
The accommodation had no central heating except a gas fire which did not really warm the room as there was a draught coming from the stairs. The toilet on the ground floor leaked whenever flushed which came from the toilet pipe on the floor therefore it was sewage leaking. The shower in the groundfloor bathroom had a door missing. The wi fi did not work. The bedrooms were very cold but we were told where to get two heaters. The fourth bedroom ,window was left open resulting in the carpet being wet through. There were no curtains on any windows. The toilet systern did not fill up so we had to manually filled every time the toilet was used. The dishwasher door was hanging off, but luckily we did not need to use it. The whole wing could do with a good clean. I do not think this is up to booking.coms usual standard and would have left to go home but we were meeting family for a celebration and we should have been paid to stop there not have to pay the owner.
Dirty, damp, rotten, even Rigsby wouldn't stay here. Had to open every door to find our room which was the only one without a key so could not lock it. Stank of cleaning fluid over damp mildew. What appeared to be pooh stained carpet. Juliet balcony appeared to be dangerously rotten as did all the windows. Stained bedding and mattresses.
Left immediately after calling two contact numbers. No one ever returned our calls.
DO NOT STAY HERE IT IS NOT NICE!
Booking.com shows this place as highly recommended so I booked us in for three nights. When we arrived, after what we saw, we decided to drive back home. It was a five hours drive but I could not risk my children's health in this hole. There were food crumbs and hair on beds. Sheets were filthy, so were the carpets and paint was flaking off the walls. Toilets were smeared with feces, there was mould in the shower cabins. There were smashed insects on the walls. The room was in the attic and the window had no blinds - we were boiling and we could not lock it for our children's safety. We booked the room for four people but arrived to see three beds crammed together in a tiny space. These people ruined my children's holidays..