- We had a late flight back so owner said that we can leave luggage at room and he told us that if he will have some reservation for this room he will call us and we will take our stuff. He didn't!! We came back from the city and we just saw that our luggage is left in front of the doors, everyone could steal our things.. Additionally we still had our things in safe box which is at room, there were new guests already at room - we knocked the door but they didnt open so we called the owner and he said that we should enter the room even if there was someone else inside!!! It's really pathetic, how can you sell room and tell other guests that they should open door and come inside? How it's possible that we still had the keys and they gave the same keys to other guests? We will never come back, it's so rude and never saw such things in other hotels..if we would have know that this will happen we would never leave there our things!!
- no fridge and no tv at room
- no cleaning but it's not the problem for us
+ location - 5mins to Coloseum
1. Great Location - Colosseum 5 min walk, Trastavere 20 min walk, Trevi Fountain / Spanish Steps - 15 min walk, Roma Termini - 15 min walk
2. Great helpful staff - Daily room cleaning & Towel Change
3. Decent breakfast to keep you full for a longer time - Options are cereal, Croissant, Jams, Cheese, Yoghurt, Nescafe instant coffee, Milk, Tea Bags
4. Affordable prices for the location
5. Found two go to places for food which is not a tourist trap - Pasta Chef Monti & La Prezzemolina
stayed here late October 2018 with my girlfriend (30s, from Canada). Only stayed one night on a long layover in Rome.
- owner was accommodating; awaited our arrival to show us in (despite the heavy rain that was going on)
- location is amazing for someone like me who really only had time to get out for the main attractions in Rome... walking distance from the Pantheon, Colosseum, and all the ruins you could want to see. A lot of tourist-friendly boards around describe the history, construction, etc. I was walking around the hour after i arrived to see the Colosseum (literally down the street). Night views are different than day.. see both!
- room was quaint and very Italian.. ceramic winged babies adorned the room.. and a little shuttered window looked over.. a back patio and kitchen area. :)
- 2 beds (we only needed 1, but was nice for laying out outfits, etc)
- nice small breakfast buffet provided in the morning with cereal, bread, jams/butters, coffee/tea, etc
- owner gladly held our bags in a locked cage while we explored Rome after checking out.
- beds were comfy and slept great!
- place required carrying around a couple of keys (inside door, outside door) with some old-school knobs. i mashed my hands a couple of times trying to open them. Prolly not great for old people to deal with daily.
- no TV. i mean, we didn't need it.. but i was curious to check out Italian TV.
- the food around the Inn was terrible... walk out of the tourist area for better prices/taste!
There's a large police presence in downtown Rome, especially around the monuments. Intimidating at night but not at all threatening. Beautiful architecture and piazzas everywhere we walked. Visited the Trevi Fountain and had a nice Italian lunch the next day.. saw statues aplenty and a lot of churches/priests—the great location of our Inn allowed for this in our short time frame.
Stayed here 13-17 January. Location is perfect. Few mins walk to the Colosseum and the Roman Forum and handy for metro to get to other tourist spots.
Room was extremely clean and had a nice feel to it with lovely detailed flooring and quaint decor. Bed comfortable with good quality pillows. There was adequate wardrobe space, free safe and self controlled heating. Rooms were attended to daily. Hairdryer in bathroom with fresh towels daily. Take your own toiletries.
Breakfast was perfectly adequate: cereals, croissants, jams, cheese, yoghurt, toast and water, tea and coffee. Plenty to set you up for the day.
Owner, Roberto, was extremely helpful giving details of how to get to the attraction you wanted to see and advising you to make yourself at home and other staff were friendly and helpful.
The dining area was a real plus as you could make a drink after a long day sight seeing and eat any food you had purchased. It felt very relaxed and comfortable place to stay and was secure and safe. The corridors and reception had a lovely Italian feel to them as well.
Tip for getting there from Campanio:
Shuttlebus 5/6 euro from the designated aisles outside airport. Bus drops you at Termini (main train station). Get your metro ticket €1.50 and go one stop and get off at Cavour (it's a walkable distance, but after a flight who wants to walk with cases and try and find somewhere using Google maps??!). Follow the incline down the street and look out for La Base restaurant on the left. Big wooden door next to it leads to Nakissa Inn. It's worth emailing to let them know approximately what time you will be getting there.
Would definitely stay at the Nakissa Inn again. Thank you.
Stayed at the Nakissa inn for 4 nights, very unpleasant stay. Location: super close to all the attractions and the metro stop is a short walk, close to lots or restaurants and bars. YOU’LL STRUGGLE TO FIND THE PLACE... the only reason we even got to the hotel is due to a review left here describing the location, it is next door to la base restaurant...buzz in at the big wooden door to the left (even though there is no button for nakissa inn). The staff were lovely and helpful (when we saw them), during our 4 day stay we saw staff members on only 2 occasions (one was when we arrived) and apart from that day and night we never saw any staff working, this was a massive issue as we needed help with a lot of things and there was no one to be seen. Breakfast was a selection of cereals, bread, some packages croissants and a jar of Nutella, I could not have been more disappointed. There is only one iron to share between all the rooms so we could not iron any of our clothes the whole trip, we were given an iron when we requested it upon arrival for it shortly to be taken back and then never seen again. No one in reception to ask to retrieve it either, this should be addressed. The room itself was cute, fairly spacious with a table and chairs near the window to chill. Beds were super uncomfortable and a paper thin sheet they classed as a blanket...never had a more uncomfortable bed. Shower was ok but hot water was hard to come by, about 1 minute of hot water before it went cold. This happened constantly during our stay. Oh and the noise from downstairs at la base as you’ll have saw in other reviews was super loud until late and made it nearly impossible to sleep. Do not stay here if you want to have a relaxing holiday, you’re better off staying somewhere a little further out to avoid all the negatives that come with this place.