This place is incredible, from the moment we walked into Lantana Galu Beach, the staff made us feel right at home. They provided exceptional service in every aspect from the front desk, to the restaurant, and the housekeepers. Our room was also incredible and was very spacious. There was four of us staying here, and it never felt like we were stepping on each others toes at any point during this getaway. If you're looking for a place to stay that has white sandy beaches, clear blue water, and is absolute paradise, do not think twice about staying here!!
Paradise. A beautiful hotel right on the white sandy beaches of Diani, a small slice of heaven. You can choose to stay in either the villas or fully equipped apartments, with cosy bedrooms, a spacious living room and fully functional open kitchen. You can choose to eat in the open aired restaurant or even cook yourself! Spend yours days lounging on sun beds under the shade of palm trees, and alternate between in a dip in the ocean or the pool. Warm, welcoming staff treat you like family and happy to help with anything you may need. They also have a lovely shop, where you can stock up on essentials, drinks, chocolates, swimwear, knick-knacks and souvenirs. A great place for a quiet get away or family vacation.
My first trip here was magical and look forward to coming back again and again!!! Definitely one of my favourite places.
We wanted a change for the all-inclusive fare in Diani this time round. Lantana Galu was an excellent choice and having arrived just before the Christmas rush, the place was not packed at all and often we had the upper pool all to ourselves, great for the kids. The best thing was the plunge pool in our 3 bedroom bungalow. Staff were courteous and helpful.
Bad: The lower pool near the beach is supposed to be a "family" pool. One day there was some nasty behavior in pool, right next to a bunch of kids. I mentioned this to the pool attendant. he said there's nothing they could do. Didn't like that
My wife and I wanted to visit a location we've never been before and also were tired of the usual All inclusive hotel types of hotels commonly found along the Kenya coast. Lantana Galu caught our attention mainly due to the location. There after we decided to read the reviews on the property which I must say were very impressive. We decided to make the booking almost 8 months prior to our planned date and requested the best room option to accommodate my family. They recommended a two bedroom Villa with the most amazing ocean views of any hotel prior to visiting Lantana Galu. Easily 140 degree ocean views from the large patio that's also well furnished. Living room area was spacious also tastefully furnished. Bedroom's were also very comfortable with air conditioning. I would have loved a bathtub but unfortunately not available for the 2 bedroom villa. Kitchen was well stocked with quality kitchenware. The villa was cleaned daily by two extremely pleasant staff, wish I could remember their names (think Ali and a girl who's name I forget). Gardens were very well kept and the buildings were also well maintained. Pool and restaurant area was equally impressive. We preferred the second pool closer to hotel villa block, which was also very quiet pool to relax. The beach was of course beautiful.
We'll definitely be back very soon.
Special thanks to Kirsty and Diana who made the process smooth from start to end. Also the staff that made our vacation complete. Thank you.
Choosing a great hotel to reside at when on holiday that fits all your needs and expectations can be a daunting task for anyone. For us, choosing Lantana Galu was a huge mistake and lesson well learnt.
1. The spacious rooms
2. Very courteous and welcoming restaurant staff.
3. Transportation to the hotel was well handled by the hotel.
4. We appreciate that we were upgraded to a three bedroomed suite from a two-bedroomed without requesting.
1. Response time to enquiries before guests arrive needs to improve. We had to keep sending polite reminders.
2. The actual hotel is not as depicted on your website or online platform. One feels really short-changed as what you expect is not what you get. You need to be honest with your customers about what the hotel really looks like and the services offered as well as hidden costs.
4. Your rooms may be spacious but aren't clean. Are old and dusty and appliances quite outdated.
5. Food is okay. But the staff are very polite and try to make service as easy and smooth as possible.
3. Why do we need to pay the full amount of accommodation by the time we arrive?
4. The General Manager needs to be polite and take feedback in stride, whether positive or negative. Being rude and dismissive when feedback is offered does not endear people to you.
I don't think this is a place I would like to come back to.