- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
8 places sorted by traveller favourites
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We spent a mid winter evening star gazing with Good Heavens. I wasn't sure about going in winter but we had blankets, hotties, hot cocoa and an amazing clear sky so the cold was not a problem. We had a good look at craters on the moon, discussed polynesian navigation, saw the rings around Saturn very clearly and lots more and came away in awe of the enormous and wonderful universe we are a tiny part of.Written 6 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We wanted to do the Aotea track, and spend time exploring and relaxing on the island afterwards. With lots of options to navigate, I discovered Go GBI and Lianne put together a well thought out and cost effective package for us with flights, transfers, Doc hut bookings, rental car and a beach house stay. Everyone was very welcoming and all went according to plan, thank you for a lovely holiday!Written 20 February 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Even though it was in the winter off season a phone call to Chris was all it took to get a day of fishing. William was the skipper and he did a great job of getting everything rigged up and took us to some great fishing spots. Wonderful job William and our sincere thanks for our best day on the Island.Written 4 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I LOVED it. Like the other reviews mentioned, it IS the way to get around. I love it so much i might actually buy one from them🤣Written 26 April 2022
- wow, grandaddy christopher is really helpful in many different way, the old sure knows how to touch fishWritten 15 June 2022
- Most beautiful and unique experience, knowing the stars as more than just specks of light in the night sky. Loved it would do it againWritten 8 February 2021
- Really keen oil these lodge based, hiking/tramping trips. Cathy and Brad have been doing them for a while and Gt. Barrier is only one of their locales.
Each day you drive out and do a walk - some quite technical and demanding - but that's one of the advantages of having a guide. Not to mention the boxed lunch and the fresh brewed coffee on the mountain tops. Over the week you get a great feel for the geography and geology of the whole island.
And each night, back home for a hot shower, dinner and your own bed. Well done. Keen to use them again - maybe Waikaremoana or the Coromandel.Written 15 May 2022
- What a wonderful trip we had with Skilly, his local & area knowleage helped me, a beginner, catch a 12kg Snapper. My husband & I landed a dozen or more well over the legal size. Skilly provided all the rods, tackle & bait & I didnt have to do a thing except wind them in!!! Thanks Skilly for a wonderful trip, we will be back.Written 9 March 2014
Frequently Asked Questions about Great Barrier Island
- These are the best places for couples seeking tours in Great Barrier Island:See more tours for couples in Great Barrier Island on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking tours in Great Barrier Island:See more tours for groups in Great Barrier Island on Tripadvisor