Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- What a find. Thoroughly enjoyed all the different cars on display, as well as other vehicles and car related paraphernalia. Do dress warm if it's cold outside, as inside is no warmer.Written 22 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I walked along this beach numerous times during my stay in New Zealand and never grew tired of it. There is lots of birdlife and the view of Kapiti Island is fantastic. How far you can walk depends, of course, on the tide. There are plenary of cafes, restaurants and shops for you to visit after your walk.Written 28 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A beautiful day to visit the brewery for a tasting. It was very hot. There are plastic drop down curtains to protect you from wind and cold but they amplified the heat so people wanted to be seated out the front. There was no seating out front so we enjoyed the cold beer and left.
Once again… busy time and limited staff but they were upbeat, pleasant and obliging. Would highly recommend a visit.Written 30 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This water park is a great place for little kids. Lots of fun activities running in and out of the water hoses and buckets. Good tables around a out for picnics too. Good variety of slides for all ages tooWritten 6 March 2020
- This is a wonderful, well-maintained park which covers quite a large area. It offers lots of opportunities for walking and cycling. All the trails are well sign-posted. My favourite was to take the coastal walk to Paekākāriki and then return through the park.Written 28 July 2023
- Recently stayed at the Kiwi Beach Bach which is situated directly opposite this park. My family had an awesome experience, The park is a credit to the community, very safe and well utilised by all accounts. Perfect for picnics and family time with the BBQ's in operation.Written 22 February 2020
- The complex is suitable for the whole family or competitive swimmers. Water good temperature. Baby pool and children's pool very good as is the main pool. Womens changing room spotless. Spa for adults good but a small charges applies. Cafe good and very reasonable.Written 5 March 2018
- With a nice river running through it, it’s a popular local spot for lids to play in the water in warmer weather. However it is prone to algae bloom when the river slows down so not so good then.
Great place to play a family game of circuit kick a ball around as it has a nice green grass expanse with trees for shade in hotter weather.
Popular with schools for outings being close to Paraparaumu and having good parking and public toilets.Written 14 October 2019
- It's a great flat walk including board walk areas through the wetlands, otherwise it is a flat gravel path used by walkers and cyclists and not crowded. Plantings done by local schools etc are signed. It's exposed and and open to the coast, good for an evening walk, plenty of bird life. Can be accessed at the northern end from Otaihanga Domain heading down the Waikanae RiverWritten 26 January 2021
- We did this walk last week. The Nikau palms are beautiful. We walked to the summit, it took around 40 mins to go up and about 20 to come down. The walk was quite challenging with all the steps. The view was worth it though.Written 7 February 2021
- Great links course, a must play when visiting Wellington. Quality finish on the fairways, greens and beautiful lined bunkers. Greens runs quick as any high quality grounds with eye catching landscape. The Wellington winds provide an added challenge but you won’t be disappointed. Proshop was welcoming, friendly members, and very helpful with way finding if it’s your first time visiting.Written 7 August 2023
- Coastlands has a nice range of shops and eateries. It has a relaxed feel and was not too busy when we visited. Plenty of parking too.Written 7 February 2021
- This trail is easy and you can have a relaxing and comfortable walk in 2 hours. There are quite a lot of blackberry along. I won't say the view would be very special but I still enjoyed the walk pretty much.
No dogs are allowed for this trail.Written 7 April 2021
- Absolutely wonderful event. I performed at this years event and also got to experience it as a fair-goer prior to my performance, the organisation is seamless, the passion that goes into this fair is next level and I cannot recommend you experience this great day out enough!Written 4 December 2022
- The ice cream and candies are always worth the stop. As we have a toddler we also considered visiting the farm. A big hand painted sign said to purchase tickets from the café. Looking over the fence it would have cost $12 for our family to see chickens and ducks;- albeit more gourmet than at our local pond. We chose to buy 3 more bags of lollies. The cost of the farm entry and neglected appearance really ruins this complex. Its a shame, because the ice cream is awesome!!Written 19 January 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Paraparaumu
- The best day trips from Paraparaumu according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Kapiti Island Classic Guided Day Tour
- Private Kapiti Coast Full Day Tour
- 7-Hour Private Scenic Kapiti Coast Tour from Wellington
- Kapiti Coast Private Tour
- A Taste of Kapiti - Kapiti Foodie Delights Tour
Paraparaumu Attractions Information
|Sunday 10:54 am|