Popular things to do
- Day Trips & Excursions
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Cruises, Sailing & Water Tours
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Tours & Sightseeing
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Ports of Call Tours
- Jet Boat Hire
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Cultural & Theme Tours
- Walking Tours
- Shopping Tours
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Special Offers
Top Attractions in Bayahibe
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Very nice swimming with only small waves and very clean water. You can see lots of fishes in the shallow water.Written 22 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was the most memorable experience from my trip to DR. Easy walk from Bayahibe, about 29 mins to the park entrance. See attached pix. It’s right behind the gas station at the crucero with the main road to La Romana. You can walk the whole loop or just back and forth to the cave. Strongly recommend closed end shoes, ideally with a rigid sole. The trail is easy, but the trail is sharp rocks. For the cave recommend flashlight and snorkel.Written 18 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was a last minute fit it in to our day thing. Boy, I’m so glad we did. One of the highlights of our DR trip. Marc who is a Frenchman now settled is running it with his wife. History starts from how Taino people arrived to the island and takes it all the way to how they were all killed. Organized by “scene”, each exhibit is meticulously designed and narrated ( several languages) pace is perfect ( English was around 45 minutes) quality, history and details were second to none. It is right off the exit on DR-3 the main highway. $12 adults and $6 children. My wife who is not a “museum type” loved it. Our high schooler as well as elementary school child also were very very impressed.
Just go !!!!!Written 19 February 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Croupier not very skilled.
Inside Caribbian poker, American Roulette I don't like it, black jack.
You can play in DP or USDWritten 15 January 2019
- I left dec 15 th 2020 for 3 weeks stayed in a gated condo (20)
I was told beach was a 5 minute walk it's a good 3km which was a turn off. Where I stayed was new 4 years old very clean and complete appartment Baya Azul. The little village is walking distance to markets and great restaurants and bars. U can use debit card at market and u have 2 places where u can withdraw Domenican pesos.most of the rentals is paid in american money. The cost of living is very cheap. I payed 750$ US a month. Not planning on returning at this complex but will for sure comeback but a condo closer to the beach.Written 3 January 2021
- We had the pleasure to visit isla Saona with Franco and his staff; we had an amazing time with great food, smiles and beautiful drone pictures and videos kindly offered by Franco :)
Also, Franco helped us during our whole stay in the Dom Republic with great tips and with great local contacts to make our experience even better.
Thanks Franconero!Written 3 September 2021
- We found Dominican Attitude over the internet. From day 1 we had a great contact with Nadine who is in charge of the reservations.
We chartered a catamaran with them and we did a private tour to Saona Island.
We made the reservation in a blink of eyes and the whole amount has been paid online. An hassle free booking!
The day of the tour, the van was on time in front of the hotel and drove us to Bayahibe where we met Marina, our guide.
She is so nice, she made everything to make that day really special.
I definitely recommend that agency to anyone.Written 4 September 2021
Communication with Joy was seamless. She was fantastic to work with and able to satisfy the entire group. We all had a blast and felt like VIPs. The lunch on the beach is highly recommend, it was delicious and plentiful. Thank you Joy and staff for making it the best day ever!!Written 13 May 2022
- We just finished our last tour with Mariposa Tours. We booked four tours with them over the course of a week. We probably spent more time with Mariposa than we did at our resort. Gabriele, Roberto and Alessia made each tour so much fun and we learned about the Dominican Republic along the way.
The tours we took were Saona, Buggies/ATV, Catalina and the Safari. The team made us feel like we were a part of their family. They went out of there way to make sure we were enjoying each tour. There are so many tour companies in the Dominican Republic but none that match the level of service and care than Mariposa Tours. I highly recommend them without a doubt!Written 14 July 2022
- Excellent service and a very professional company, they food was great and the trip was amazing, thank you to Massimo and his tripulación for a great day yesterday we definitely recommend them.Written 4 August 2022
- I wanted to share my Go Dive Bayahibe diving experience. I spent a few days diving with Julien and Gaelle. I believe, I saw all the interesting places around Bayahibe with them, I also had the opportunity to dive in the nearby caves which was one of the best diving experience in my life.. Julien for which I thank him, he showed me what I still need to learn about my diving and what to focus on. I recommend them because they are professionals. I'm glad I was there.Written 23 July 2022
- We had the BEST time on our dive, it was so amazing we came back and did a second day diving with Peter. There was 5 in our group, and all newly certified divers. It was amazing being able to be out with just our group and not a huge boat full of people! We felt very comfortable and very well taken care of! We will for sure be back next time we visit! Highly recommend Sharky’s to anyone looking to dive or any of their other adventures they offer!Written 7 August 2022
- The most sincere recommendation for everyone who is planning a trip to Saona Island. With Katerina Caribe we see so many things, we arrived back gome with so many impressions, that even now it's all standing in our eyes! Seastars, amazingly beautiful beaches, palm treas and saw how locals live! You can also use the service of a photographer who takes so many beautiful photos at an affordable price! Thank you Katerina!!Written 14 July 2022
- Had a great time diving with the Coral Point team. Thanks to Ed Settle for helping me achieve my advanced open water certification. I started communicating with them about a month before our trip. They were very responsive and helpful. We stayed in Punta Cana, which is about an hour from Bayahibe. CP arranged the travel and though it wasn’t cheap, the driver was right on time and there was no hassle. Ed is a great instructor, and I also worked with Ana, who was working as an instructor intern. Diving was from a small boat and there were about 8 divers plus three dive masters. The staff is very helpful and multilingual. I highly recommend the CP team!Written 20 July 2022
- Great experience, very well organized, great hosts, avoided the rush hour on the main spots and everything worked just fine.
I d recommend it to anyone who wants to visit El Canto de la Playa and Saona!Written 3 January 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Bayahibe
- The best outdoor activities in Bayahibe according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Bayahibe on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Bayahibe according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Saona Island Paradise From Punta Cana
- Quetzal Catamaran Cruise Prestige to Saona Island
- Saona Island Full-Day All-Inclusive Tour from Santo Domingo
- Saona Island Private Tour with 3 different Beaches for Small Groups
- Saona Island Private Small Group