Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Very informative about local walks in the area as well as good pubs/restaurants for dinner. Lovely friendly lady I spoke to on the counter was super helpful. Great art gallery and really interesting museum at the back. Thanks for your helpWritten 14 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Brett and Renee are both very professional and caring guides. They are eager to give their clients a genuine NZ ski experience on their private club field.Written 29 August 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visiting the iSite for things to do while the mountain was closed this museum was described to us as "better than it sounds" by Rose at the iSite. Well when we got in there we were bloody well impressed by this little museum.
Entering to displays about types of soil (allowing you to touch all different types of dirt) it just got better from there. There is a very difficult digger simulation that had us enraptured for at least and hour, a giant shiny red tractor, a cow model that has me very confused about how cows work but had lots of colors and lights, and a great little model mountain hut. Lots of videos round the place to watch that were all pretty good though would sometimes play super loud scaring other visitors (which was also pretty entertaining).
We spent close to 2 hours here and probably only managed to read half of the displays. There was lots of really interesting stuff, allowing you to skim past the stuff that doesn't get you going. Good range from a bit of the past, to whats happening now with agriculture, mountain sports, farming and hunting. I learnt lots of facts I can't wait to bring up at parties. Would highly recommend for a rainy dayWritten 11 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a 5 star experience. Fantastic facilities, really good reasonably priced food. The staff are first class. I will be returning to here again and again and again.Written 9 October 2023
- After heading up the winding track....and after a campervan had to turn back due to tight corners and a gravel track. We arrived at the Lake.
Peaceful with mountains all around. The storm rolling in over them certainly made it Lord of the Rings worthy.
Toilet available but not much else....other than calm and quiet.Written 19 April 2019
- Methven travel up and down the mountain are fantastic! Always on time, always helpful to accommodate changes to bus trip days or times! They are the best! Greg the bus driver was very helpful!!Written 8 October 2023
- Played here with 3 friends & was happy with what we found. Got good deal for cart & round of golf .Course is long & flat with not many hazards & only one water hazard . Fairways & greens well maintained would play this course again if in townWritten 13 September 2020
- Will's service was great. Super easy to organise as we booked last minute. Very convenient and added to a great day up the mountain.Written 26 July 2022
- I recently visited here for a deep tissue sports massage on my back and shoulders. I had a very sore upper back and what felt like a trapped nerve and the pain was startling to spread to my neck. I booked in for a massage hoping that it would relax my muscles and relive the pain. I was seen to by Holly who was extremely friendly and asked throughout if it was causing too much pain or was too sore. The massage was brilliant and got to all the right muscles and sore points and was very very thorough. I was in there for about 45 minutes as it was $65 which I thought was reasonable for what it had achieved. Now 5 days later my back feels right as rain and I’m able to do my job without wincing everytime I turn my head. Would definitely recommend these guys if you’re sore after a few days skiing or just want to relax.Written 2 July 2018
- Great service and a good place to stop for a quick lunch. Menu is small and the food excellent. RecommendedWritten 13 December 2019
- Came skiing at Mt Hutt for the first time and brought my 14 year old niece with me and my 10 year old nephew - neither had skied before! All the staff at Big Al’s were incredibly helpful and Kirsten was a rock star! I would highly recommend using these guys for ski hire when you’re coming to Mt Hutt! We will be backWritten 13 July 2023
- Ski Hire for Mount Hutt, in Methven:
All ski clothing (excluding thermals but can be bought in the shop) and equipment available for hire, at a reasonable price. As a beginner, i didnt know one end of a ski to another. The staff were very friendly and attentive, and showed me everything i needed. Some of the staff recommended a bus service to go to Mount Hutt (www.ridesnowshuttles.co.nz). Would recommend a visit.
For some one who hasnt gone skiing before: bring thermals (tops and bottoms), a warm jacket, sun block, lip balm. For setting up the ski's, you will be asked your weight in kg's.
After a long day skiing, threat yourself with a Methven Sports Massage (boyfriend said it was the best massage he ever got) / Bella Bliss Day Spa of Methven (loved it! www.bellabliss.co.nz) / happy hour at the local pub (2 for 1, cant beat it).Written 9 October 2011
- If you took your car to the mechanic to be fixed and it broke down again 10 minutes down the road you would take it back right?
Well don’t bother bringing your gear in to be fixed here because you will be told “no guarantees” (after the fact), the guy can’t even guarantee his workmanship for 1 day! Poor attitude & poor service, we won’t be using again.Written 22 September 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Methven
- The most popular things to do in Methven with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Methven on Tripadvisor
Methven Attractions Information
|Tuesday 7:53 am|