Tours near Pauanui
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The beach was quiet at this time of year. Good facilities with plenty of seats, reserves, walkway access ways, and parking.Written 29 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Pauanui Trail is a flat 10 km walk or bike ride around the estuary. Amazing views, bird life and forestry experience.
Mount Pauanui is a 1.5hr return vertical climb up a hill that is more of a hike requiring good footwear and perhaps hiking poles. Stunning views atop this mountain peak. You do require a level of fitness to do this.Written 20 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Bright and clean premises; friendly and helpful staff with an excellent knowledge of the Coromandel area.Written 21 November 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- wow this was stunning, i loved this waterfall, the walk was about 15 mins through amazingly stunning bushland, along the river and over fallen trees, not ideal for people with knee or walking issues as its muddy in places and overgrown in some. But we loved it.
There were some kids jumping into the freezing water and it was so loud it was impressive that such a smallish waterfall made that noise.
Recommend this to anyone wanting to connect with nature or just see the waterfall in all its glory!Written 7 February 2023
- Great lesson with Hayden, beautiful beach with perfect beginner surf. Hayden was a fantastic instructor, encouraging, friendly and knowledgeable. We'd highly recommend to everyone.Written 3 December 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Pauanui
- The best outdoor activities in Pauanui according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Pauanui on Tripadvisor