Boat Tours • Dolphin & Whale Watching
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- What a wonderful trip - lucky to have perfect blue skies and a calm sea. Our two guides were so friendly, helpful and knowledgable, Over an hour to enjoy a picnic lunch and swim - sea so warm.
The rock formations on the other side of the island were awesomeWritten 26 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I've been a few times up the river with the Kiwi Jet boat tour family and each time has been unique and exciting. The crew are amazing people that make you laugh and share their love for adventure and the trip up the river never gets old as it is truly beautiful. Great for all the family and friends. A must do around Whakatane !Written 29 April 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We did the seal and dolphin encounter yesterday with our three children. It was such an amazing experience. The Captain was very knowledgable and we felt very safe. The crew were some of the nicest and most helpful people we have come across. One of the girls took my daughter swimming on her back to see the seals, it was so magical for my daughter and very special. Thank you for an amazing trip. We are going to book again for next yearWritten 3 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great communications with Mick and Erin. We had to cancel first charter as weather was not good but the second day there was no wind and the sea was calm. arriving on our fishing spot near White Island we were given a lesson on electric reels and then it was time to fish. Within minutes all 5 rods had fish on. Myself and 6 friends had a fabulous day and for me it was the best fishing in 60 years. Thanks MickWritten 8 April 2022
- We choose the half day inshore fishing, four hours, about 5 km from the sea shore. The captain was very kind and helpful. However we spent almost one hour to find the fish. Every one of us got his or her fish, some of it was too big to catch it. It's really interesting and enjoyable, and the price is reasonable. Whakatane is a good place for fishing. If you have time, the White Island is a better place for visiting and fishing.Written 20 February 2014
Frequently Asked Questions about Whakatane
- These are the best places for couples seeking boat tours in Whakatane:
- Moutohora Island Sanctuary (Whale Island) - Day Tour
- Kiwi Jet Boat Tours
- Diveworks Dolphin and Seal Encounters