Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Due to the cyclone in january 2023, the path to walk to cathedral cove is damaged and too dangerous to do. It is closed. The only ways to get there is by boat (taxi who come and go pretty often) or boat tours. Beautiful scenery thoughWritten 17 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Hot Water Beach was fun and hot as expected. There were so many people for the small area of beach available but it was a communal bathing experience where you meet people from all over the world.Written 21 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stayed in the main house which is beautifully equipped and immaculate in presentation. There are multiple decks on all sides of the house which overlook the property where you can listen to the water rushing past and all the amazing birdsong. The walk around the property to the lakes and the waterfall are just amazing and plenty of really friendly ducks to accompany you. The kitchen is very well equipped too. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend to anyone looking for some peace and quiet.Written 23 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A must if you are in the area - that simple. Sandy beach, great waves - soooo relaxing 😌
Make a point to visitWritten 23 January 2023
- If I could give this place ten stars, I would. So far one of the best places I’ve been to. It’s not the typical winery where you get three glasses of wine and left to your own devices. You get a little bit of everything, and Danny explains it all. Definite must see.Written 9 July 2023
- Second visit here, kids loved it. Lots of animals to feed and pat.
The kids got to feed a baby goat which made their day.
They had a painted rock hunt on for the school holidays, which kept the kids entertained for 3 hours.Written 2 October 2023
- Very enjoyable walk - great food, excellent shared accommodation, lovely touches such as freshly picked flowers, homemade baking, wood burners, warm welcomes from Cath and Zander Ward.Written 10 December 2023
- Great beach, clean and slopes off nicely into the water, still cleaning up after hurricaine, and slow progress was only reason for a 4Written 24 April 2023
- The views are incredible from the peak, with glorious views of the beaches and estuary.
You have to park in the Paku Lookout parking lot, on a large open green space off Paku Drive, it is signposted as the last point to park. The path up the mountain leads off this space and snakes up past the houses.
It is a very steep walk up but doesn't take long, around 10-15 minutes and it is so worth it.Written 5 May 2023
- A great experience. Being under ground hearing the stories of miners of old was stimulating. Working by candlelight and using a chisle is mindblowing. Staffed by volunteers who were knowledgeable and committed to giving us a great experience. Lots to see and do.Written 20 November 2023
- You park your car for free at the end of the road as instructed by sat nav, there is a toilet close by. Be aware, this is the last toilet until you return, there is no services on the beach. Walk over a beach, cross a stream and then you start to walk on rocks. For a long time. Around the corner a slippery muddy path can be found and then finally after 30-40 minutes you reach paradise. Hardly any people are there, great swim. And the the same on the way back. So wear trainers, and be aware of the tide, unless you feel like swimming back with valuables on top of your head along the rocksWritten 18 March 2023
- Lots of places to stay at reasonable cost. A lot going on in this beautiful area, we particularly enjoyed a glass bottomed boat ride around the bay. My sister and her husband were with us and have subsequently had a wonderful house built overlooking the bay. A motorcycle rally was in the town of Coromandel at the time of our visit in February, I am not particularly a motorcycle person but was amazed at the variety of fantastic unusual bikes . The atmosphere was really festival and lots going on. The scenery on the Peninsula is fantastic and well worth a visit. We travelled February 2019Written 5 February 2023
- A maze of rooms all filled with quality exhibits.our family spent a lot longer there than we thought we would as there was something interesting around every corner. Friendly staff, great location and lovely premises. Pricing seemed a little high if you have a family if 5 adults but overall, it was worth it.Written 29 April 2023
- We stopped here for a wine tasting and light lunch on a beautiful summer’s day where we sat outside under the vine covered patio. It was a delightful setting and we enjoyed the wines we chose to taste, selecting one to go with our meal which we all enjoyed. Well worth a visit as the setting is idyllic!Written 27 November 2023
- Having visited beaches throughout NZ this is by far our most favourite. It is on a huge bay, white sand, clear water and deserted. We loved swimming here.
It is tranquil spot due in part to the narrow twisty steep road over the mountain to get to it. The road had washed away in places after the bad weather in February but is well worth the nerve racking journey as it is glorious location.
There are a few small parking areas next to the beach to park your car.Written 5 May 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Coromandel Peninsula
- The best day trips from Coromandel Peninsula according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Coromandel Peninsula Highlights Small Group Tour from Auckland
- Private Trip to Coromandel
- Coromandel Coastal Walkway: Full-Day Hike and Bike Tour
- Coromandel Coastal Walkway Day Tour ex Colville
- Coromandel Peninsula Private Day Tour
Coromandel Peninsula Attractions Information
|Monday 1:04 pm|