Speciality & Gift Shops • Art Galleries
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I booked a jade carving session for me and my parents and we had such a great time! It was a really relaxed session as we were taught how to carve, engrave and polish our pieces. She has some excellent pieces of jade to choose from.
We were each asked what we wanted to make and were each taken through the process having help when needed. Thank you!!Written 4 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I had the opportunity to visit both the Franz Josef and then the Okarito home gallery today, both showing many identical prints but also some different works, plus a wide range of books. I recommend visiting both - and leaving yourself plenty of time to be awestruck by both the scenes he's photographed and his skills. A must do activity if you're in the area. Note that the Okarito home gallery is up many steep garden steps which will not be suitable access for everyone (and I've been advised that it's not always open).Written 6 February 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is a beautifully laid out little gift shop outside of Franz Josef with all different types of crystals in both natural and tumbled forms, with great descriptions of the crystals and there uses. Amazing aroma of insence as soon as you walk in made it even more relaxing whilst looking for the perfect gift. There is a wide variety of other gifts available in the shop. Mel has an outstanding knowledge of the products she is selling which really helps when looking for something in particular.Written 29 October 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is gift shop located within the Alpine Activity Centre along the main road in Franz Josef. It is just across from Snakebite Brewery and has a fair sized carpark next to the shop. Opening hours 8.30am to 9pm daily.
Inside you'll find an expected range of traditional and speciality souvenirs, gifts and other items. Connected to the shop is an tour booking service provider where you can arrange heli-hikes to the area glaciers or other tour activities in the area.Written 16 October 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Franz Josef
- These places are best for gift & speciality shops in Franz Josef:See more gift & speciality shops in Franz Josef on Tripadvisor