- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
50 places sorted by traveller favourites
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 50
What travellers are saying
- Great bar.
Great place/owner/beer, real music, don't pass without a visit.
Lots of decor items to reminisce about.Written 10 July 2022
- Nice selection of real ales , which you can test before you order . Bar staff very friendly and knowledgeable. Small cosy pub , well worth a visit if you are in Margate old town and like decent beer .Written 6 April 2022
- We came here following a meal out whilstvstayingvin margate, a nice and freindly micropub located towards the end of the Harbour Arm offing choice of local brews and ciders from it unique location wotb freindly staff.Written 18 April 2022
- All staff are so attentive and friendly. Best bar we’ve come across in Margate. The cocktails are amazing and the shots and service is outstandingWritten 6 August 2022
- Fantastic cocktails, charming staff, great prices an absolute winner it would have been fun to danceWritten 6 August 2022
- On a warm summer evening our family wanted some light food and a view of the sunset over Margate Beach. A taxi driver recommended the Turkish cuisine at the Imperial Lounge on the seafront, saying that in the summer holidays it was always very popular. After an excellent selection of reasonably-priced starters (eg dips with pitta bread, sausages, baked cheese in flaky pastry and thin Turkish pizzas with slices of lemon, plus chicken wings and very good chips) we had to agree he was right. One of the best dishes in the spacious bar was a spiced couscous prepared by Momma, the lady of the house, and served by the liveliest team of staff in this friendly and under-rated town. Since the seafront is only a couple of blocks from Margate Station, an indulgent day out would be to head for the beach within staggering distance of the Imperial Lounge, lounge imperially on the fine sand or at the many tables outside the bar, and sleep off the excellent Neck Oil IPA on the way home. Cheaper and sunnier than the Riviera, and they won't cancel your flight - though Brexit staff shortages are playing hell with the trains. Great food, great service, great view: we all thought the Imperial Lounge was a real find.Written 14 July 2022
- This newly opened bistro and cocktail bar is located in the heart of the old town away from the main drag and has amazing cocktails, a really nice vibe and super friendly staff. We had after dinner cocktails here al fresco after dining at Sargasso. The salted caramel espresso martinis were amazing! Highly recommended.Written 24 July 2022
- The Cambodian food served here was totally delicious! We had the lamb curry noodles and pork belly and both were so tasty! I'm sad I didn't take any pictures but trust me and go and try it!Written 3 May 2022
- Good surroundings, nice atmosphere. A little limited on the selection of beer but understandable what with covid. Good location. Friendly and attentive staff. Beers came out quickly when we ordered (from our table- no bar service at present due to to covid).Written 29 August 2020
- Back again at this belter of a bar
Great afternoon session
Just a great place to relax
Good to see Steve again
So glad it’s so busy as the staff are excellentWritten 17 March 2022
- This is a no-nonsense pub with polite service and home-cooked food. We visited on Sunday lunchtime for a roast, as we’d seen good reviews on TA. And they weren’t wrong. There was a choice of roast beef or turkey, we had turkey. It arrived quickly, was piping hot and the food covered the entire plate. It’s not cordon bleu, rather solid home cooking. The meat was tender and flavourful, as were the other ingredients. You know you’re in for a great roast when they bring you a complimentary jug of flavoursome gravy without asking for it.
All that for a tenner. Brilliant.Written 7 November 2021
- The most amazing night, the vibe is like no other (probably helped by the best cocktails in Margate) My new favourite place in Kent!Written 8 July 2022
- Staying in Margate with 12 friends for Soundcrash at Dreamland. This was the only place that could accommodate us all. We had such a fun night. Great people and good food. Definitely going back when next in Margate.Written 28 May 2022
- Stopped for a drink on our visit along the harbour wall, having spotted the antiques and curios through the window, which we were invited to come in and explore. Nice quirky pub with outside seating giving a great view of the harbour and Margate sea front. Various draft and bottled drinks. Friendly staff.Written 28 October 2021
- We went here a few times while in holiday in Margate. We always received a very warm welcome and we’re really made to feel at home. They have a couple of well kept IPAs and a great selection of gins. Loved the retro beer pull decorations as well. And top marks for Covid precautions which were really thorough.Written 3 November 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Margate
- These are the best places for groups seeking nightlife in Margate:See more nightlife for groups in Margate on Tripadvisor