Top Attractions in Punta de Mita
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Great beach with soft sand and not too many people. Beginning surfer friendly. You can take the bus here from Puerto Vallarta if you're staying there. Nearby surf shop Wild Mex. Renting board and borrowing rashguard about $25 for the day. Can park near surf shop and walk on a little trail to beach. Maybe bring sneakers for the walk (some people do it in flip flips or sandals, but you might be more comfy in sneakers).Written 10 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We booked this on a whim and thought it would be a very touristy experience but it was not that at all. They only grant access to ~116 people a day and we had the opportunity to swim in with a guide and had the place to ourselves for at least 30 mins. I highly recommend booking this during your visit to Punta de Mita!Written 4 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We spent the day here and had a great time. We rented beach chairs at the Blue Shrimp and the waitstaff was great.
We also rented a surf board for our son who had a great time and we rented a boat which took us out to Marrietta islands for a couple of hours. Great way to spend the day.Written 25 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Don't miss this shop if you are in Punta Mita. Beautiful unique items. Bought a wonderful handtooled leather purse there.Written 10 April 2019
- An amazing experience curated by an amazing team. Everything about this experience was amazing: the tour of the park, the hospitality, the snorkeling. We’re looking forward to our next trip.Written 14 August 2022
- We had a magical morning with Alex (father) and Alex (son). There were four of us (parents and two teens). We went out on an early morning surf, then a little snorkeling and then ran across some incredible whales on our way home. The sunrise was amazing and they are wonderful people. So glad we had the time with them. If you ever come to our neighborhood please look us up and we’ll take you out for a surf in our neighborhood. 🤙Written 8 January 2020
- My family and I recently stayed locally and dived with Kevin and Kat. My 15 year old completed his Open Water PADI, my 16 and 18 year old boys did their PADI advanced and we all did lots of diving with Kevin.
Kevin and Kat are lovely, so kind and helpful. Kevin has the patience of a saint, my 15 year old is a handful at times 😂. We had a marvellous time and I can highly recommend Kevin and Kat to anyone who is thinking of trying scuba or diving.
The Marietta island trip was really interesting and Kevin is a font of knowledge.Written 15 August 2022
- Excellent tour, great attitude and knowledge from the tour guides. The whales put on a spectacular show. 5 stars.Written 10 February 2020
- Had a great day out on the boat with my family. We toured the islands and swam to a beautiful beach. The guides were knowledgeable about the wildlife. We even saw whales and dolphins. Snacks and beverages were provided. Highly recommend.Written 13 April 2022
- I have gone big game fishing with Spearmex in both of their locations -- Costa Palmas and Punta Mita. When I went to Costa Palmas, my goal was to catch a roosterfish. In Punta Mita, to catch a Marlin. On both occasions, we succeeded! Both locations operated similarly, with great professionalism, very nice boats, and ample (and delicious) food and drink). The boats are built to get you to the spots fast so that you spend more time fishing and less time driving. The crews were amazing in both places. A huge shout out to Hugo in Costa Palmas, and to Javier and Pedro in Punta Mita. They go far out of their way to ensure that you have an amazing trip and, most importantly, have fun along the way. Thank you to Spearmex, I will definitely be back!Written 28 February 2022
- Super and Gustavo led us today in the snorkeling dive and it was great. They were very hospitable and helpful. Snorkeling was fun and the water was nice. I would recommend this to anyone.Written 30 July 2022
- Josué and his wife arranged 3 days of surfing and took us to different surf breaks on their boat. They have a great selection of boards and their boat was very comfortable. Their surf guides and shop staff are fun and knowledgeable, and when we spotted humpback whales on the ride back one afternoon, they did a last minute whale watching tour for us! There were water, Gatorade, and snacks on the boat cooler.
I can’t recommend them enough, we will definitely be joining them for surf trips when we return to Mexico!Written 13 May 2022
- Lalo is a really fantastic surf instructor. This is my second time returning to the area and I made sure to take another lesson with him. I'm a beginner but I've learned so much from him! Also everytime we went out I saw at least one set of humpback mother/baby whales :)Written 29 December 2021
- We (6 adults)rented the boat from Rudy, he had Abraham driving us, who spoke good English and a very friendly fellow as well as Caser, a young fellow who snorkelled along side us. They provided us all had life jackets and snorkel gear. We had a nice ride out to the Marietas Islands, circled around the islands, spotted the blue footed boobies and enjoyed the sunshine. We chose not to go into the bay but could see it from the boat. Abraham allowed us as much time as we needed snorkelling and observing. We all had a great day Thank you, we will definitely recommend you to friends. Give Rudy a cell at 322 228 7274 or go down to the Co-operative in Punta de Mita to find our man! He is known by everyone as he has been around for years!!! Many thanks for the great time.Written 8 December 2018
- This is a great golf course. Great layout. Beautiful, super friendly staff, food an drinks are perfect. One of my favorite places on the planet.Written 19 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Punta de Mita