Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Very, very helpful, answered all our questions and gave us advice and suggestions on others. Lovely ladies.Written 8 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Brilliant park for children, lots of activities to keep them occupied and while we visited without children it’s definitely a place for kids. I loved the big vegetables though & I enjoyed posing with them!!Written 24 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful walk to the falls. Our children aged 8 and 3 at the time loved it. The little one had to be carried for a bit up the stairs on our return but it is definitely family friendly. We ventured to the falls as the kids love rock jumping and they were amazing!Written 24 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A place of significant meaning to New Zealanders - history well captured here and a worthwhile stop for any travellers going around the mountainWritten 28 June 2023
- This walk is suitable for nearly anyone. I am not very fit and while there were a few uphill bits, I never felt too out of breath. We did this walk with 2 kids, aged 9 & 6 and they are not outdoorsy kids. They loved it!! There is a long drop at the campsite if you’re desperate. The native plants were lush and beautiful and many very impressive kahikatea and rimu trees. It took us about an hour and a half to do as we let the kids set the pace. Definitely do it while your in Ohakune.Written 6 January 2023
- This walk takes about 15 minutes, is on reasonably well made paths and is virtually level. With such an easy walk you don't get far into the forest but there is loads of trees and ferns to marvel at.Written 16 February 2023
- Lovely Easy walk to the lakes. Not too hard to find. Really good place to take the kids, and other's who are from out of town.Written 2 October 2017
- What a great historic experience! Very knowledgeable people and fun toy trains for the children to use. Highly recommend a visitWritten 4 October 2023
- My girlfriend and I, both first timers, had a fantastic experience. The horses were calm and responsive; the guide was encouraging, friendly, and knowledgeable. We will definitely be coming back again😊😊. Definitely recommend!Written 6 May 2023
- The team at SLR were fantastic. We have 3 kids of varying levels and they put them at ease and everyone had an awesome time.Written 11 January 2022
- Absolutely unforgettable experience, opted for the five day guided tour to really have time to bask in the amazing environment that is the Whanganui National Park. We were very well taken care of by our guides Danielle and Jackson. As NZ weather usually loves to do some parkour, we had a bit of everything and our guides did an amazing job rallying us and encouraging us. I went from zero canoeing/kayaking experience to actually having fun down the rapids. 12/10, would recommend to nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts.Written 25 November 2023
- Best customer service from Jase and the 2 guys! They recommended we hit the hill yesterday and scored the ultimate bluebird. So much stoke on the recommendation, hire and customer service from the ski she'd. Highly recommended!!!Written 8 July 2023
- We have just finished the Mountain to sea five day bike ride there were nine of us. Ben solved every problem and was always there on time with a smile. The trip was great value for money, yummy meals at all accomodation. The trip was a real adventure, lots of biking some canoeing and some jet boating. When some of the females changed their minds about riding the difficult day, Ben came up with a different trip which was a lot of fun and we still got to see the bridge to nowhere. If you want to have a bike with friends or family and have all your problems taken care of book with Ben and Rebecca.Written 5 April 2023
- Thanks Damo for your help on the trail today. Fantastic service. There when we needed you. Highly recommended. Great bike ride.Written 27 October 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Ohakune
Ohakune Attractions Information
|Monday 7:20 pm|