Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Like no other, the drive through the Draa Valley leaves one breathless as it takes you back in time to an era rich in palms, lush forestry, and fruits abound! Such a magnificent view!Written 28 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Along the way to Erg Chegaga and we stoped by Tamgroute. It is used to be an old library and saw the manufacturing of pottery. The guide was very informative, we feel not rush to buy. Well recommended.Written 24 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Informative and interesting place to visit. Entrance 25 dirham. Everything is explained in French and English. Perfect!Written 2 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you don’t have too much time in Morocco on your itinerary and you want to see part of the Sahara Desert, this is the place to visit. We went with our camel tracking to our camps, we were taking care of very good over there, we had some great food, and a lot of fun. At the night, we have some sand storm, that was interesting experience. The next morning, we saw the sunrise, it was very beautiful and the dunes, although kind of small were amazing.Written 24 June 2017
- Former Jewish quarter and palmarie now a developing heritage centre- we’ll worth a 2 hour visit with a local guideWritten 22 September 2018
- There were 4 of us during this trek, and they all agreed with me in saying that it was a fantastic experience.
The organization was perfectly well mastered. The camel drivers and guide were just brilliant: very lovely and funny men (thanks to them: Mbarek, Hossein and Zyed)
It was a human and animal experience because we must pay homage to the camels: the 4x4 of the desert without which nothing would have been possible.
Mouloud, the agency manager, knew how to work with his teams to look after us and ensure that we innocently benefited from the trek.
I am looking forward to repeat the experience in the desert with this team.Written 25 September 2023
- před 3 lety
"I always loved the desert. It sits on a sand dune. We see nothing. We hear nothing. And yet something shines in silence." This quote from the Little Prince, by Saint-Exupéry, applies wonderfully to the Sahara and in particular to the south of Marocco, along the Algerian border.
In this vastness of sand shaped by the winds, crushed by light, nature is sovereign. It has distilled majestic dunes, hills and plains as far as the eye can see, date palms and oasis in profusion.
Thanks to Marocalitours for this magic experience which I"ll never forget!Written 18 November 2023
- Cannot recommend this tour enough….a once in a life time adventure. Younes set up the plan and Abdul made it happen. A four day luxury tour to Erg Chegaga…a long journey but worth every mile. Abdul stopped enough times to break up the drive and was very informative with his knowledge of the area and the people. Very passionate about his job. Accommodating for us to stop for photos and answered all our questions.
The magic really started when we reached the desert. A wild 2 hour drive through the sand and rock bed till we arrived at a piece of heaven that everyone should experience at least once in their lifetime. One appreciated the quieter way of life. At the camp we met our “host” also named Abdul and we were treated so well. Abdul was there for all our needs starting with tea and snacks and then off on an hour camel ride to experience the sunset on the dunes. Back for a great traditional meal followed by a fire and drumming.
Next day we ventured off on our camels once again for close to 3 hour desert trek to an oasis. Again we’ll worth the trek. After a hardy lunch and a bit of a siesta we headed back to our camp. On the way back we stopped at a authentic nomad home where we were again welcomed with tea. If you cannot tell by now I thoroughly enjoyed this adventure from start to finish. Thank you Younes , yes you exceeded my expectations, Abdul our driver you made us feel so welcome and last but not least Abdul our host you made us feel like one of your family. Everyone one of you has left an fond imprint in our memories.Written 24 April 2023
- We had a great 2 day trip from Zagora to Chigaga desert - the trip was super easy to organise, great value, friendly hosts and driver, and a wonderful experience in the desert. Magical night of food, music and exploring the dunes and watching the amazing sunset! The 4x4 drive was also super fun.Written 16 March 2023
- Fantastic time was had by all. Our guide Ali and his crew were brilliant. Nothing was too much trouble. Ali's knowledge was second to none. I would thoroughly recommend him to anyone wishing to take a trek.
Thank you Ali.
ChiefWritten 11 November 2023
- I don’t even know where to begin!
First of all, all my travels are never planned and booked in advance and I just go with the flow as I feel. So when it came to booking a trekking tour through the desert, I was hiking Mount Toubkal at the same time. So I didn’t always have the best signal, it therefore took me a while to respond. Also, I wanted to see the great dunes but only had 3days/2nights at that time. Yahya was soooo patient with me and helped me organise EVERYTHING! From the bus ride to M’hamid and all the way back to Essaouira, to changing my route so I could still see the great dunes on my last day, to extending my trip super spontaneously for one more night since I loved it so much! Really appreciate everything!
The tour itself: I did a 3day hiking trip (with an extra night at the camp) as a female solo traveler and had THE BEST time in the desert! Seriously, Brahim and Khalid were so wonderful, caring and the most fun people! It didn’t feel like doing a solo tour with two guides. It felt like trekking through the desert with two friends. We laughed, we sang songs, made jokes, cooked together, did some stargazing, they taught me some Arabic and made a ton of good memories which will last for a lifetime! Two of the most loveable people I have ever met!
Also loved the wonderful Nunu 🐪 what a beautiful character he was and always up to sth that made you smile.
So thanks again for the most amazing 4 days I had (and soooo needed) in the most magical and beautiful place I’ve ever been with the most wonderful people!
Definitely one of the best adventures I ever had! 🥰🐪☀️🧡Written 26 November 2023
- Younes was our driver, guide, cook; a man of many talents. He took the time to answer our questions, made many photo stops and even stopped to look for fossils. Trip was perfect because it was personalized according to what we wanted to do. 5 day trip with 2 nights in the desert camp. Great experience, would book again in a heartbeat! شكراًWritten 31 August 2023
- That was a great experience in the Sahara.
We had so much fun with our group, the guides were excellent and the food they made us every day for lunch and dinner was delicious.
Thanks to cooking chef Hassan, dromedare champion Besir, helpful and friendly Mohamad and especially to Ramdane, who took care of us in every situation and who speaks very good english.
We walked about 20 km every day, always with a great break (3 hours) for lunch, and we needes that! In the evening tea and Tajine or Cousous by the fire, no WLAN and no internet. Good experience, no contact except with the group and the desert.
We will surely come back to these friendly people and to the wonderful nature. Thanks and stay healthy Sahara Steps!!Written 2 November 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Zagora
- The best outdoor activities in Zagora according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Zagora on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Zagora according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Excursion from Ouarzazate to Vallee Du Draa, Zagora and Dunes De Tinfou
- Erg Chegaga desert in Two days one night from Zagora
- Zagora Desert and Draa Valley Day Trip From Ouarzazate
- Day Trip to Erg Chigaga Dunes from Zagora
- Private Day Camel Trekking Tour in Draa Valley from Zagora