Top Attractions in Manali
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- It's a great place to experience the finest of adventures such as zip lining, zorbing, swing,etc
But make sure to not take the activities package before going to solang valley. They actually double the price for everything. Just purchase the tickets for activities in the valley itself.
And about food there is an awesome Maggi stall infront of zip lining. Make sure you try it!
Enjoy !Written 17 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The real thrill was rafting at the Beas River at Kullu. We did this on our way to Manali from Shimla. It was adventurous.Written 5 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Gurudwara needs no reviews to mention the grandeur and serenity that it offers. Famous for its hot water spring. Visit for worship and experience the seva (service).Written 19 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After 2 years of lockdown, 1st summer vacation we visited Manali and decided to do this trek with our kid ( 8 year old)
Best time to start this trek is around 10 in the morning, you can take your car until Bahang, and plenty paid parkings are available. Start of the trek is wide across a tiny canal that has the same water from waterfall. Within the first 15-20 mins you reach the first phase of the waterfall and few eating points. A lot of people enjoy their time here and head back. Although the main trek starts from here which is made of stones and its like climbing steep stairs. On your way to the falls you would have small shops to buy refreshments, please carry water as we went in summers so was quite hot. Last 40-45 mins are a little difficult the trek was narrow, & had to jump across few big stones and can be tricky with kids but can be easily manageable with supervision.
Reaching on the top was an awesome experience and all your tiredness vanishes seeing that view. Water was extremely cold even in summer season, we stayed their for 30-40 mins and started our descend. While coming back it only took us 45-50 mins. So its like a half day activity.
In nutshell, it is a must do activity if you are in Manali and you will enjoy the nature.
1. Be careful with kids and keep them in your supervision always.
2. Please don't litter the mountains.
Hope you liked the review, follow for more actual reviews.Written 28 June 2022
- A short uphill walk in old Manali will take you there. Excellent place for devotees. Disciplined queue, ancient structure makes it a tourist attraction.Written 4 August 2022
- At this time of the year (November 3rd week) to reach the snows from the drop off point required a hike of about 4+ Kms, not everyone's cup of tea! However ponies are available for those not willing for the longish walk.
The views as you walk up are a feast to the eyes, and every bit worth the effort. A hot plate of Maggi after a romp in the snow rounds off a well spent morningWritten 22 November 2019
- Bhrigu Lake Manali is a famous lake located in Himachal Pradesh. This lake is an ideal weekend trek and a good place for a picnic with family and also for a solo travel. The best time to visit Bhrigu Lake is between October and May, March and May are the best time for trekking. Trekking here is also a bit dangerous, during the trekking we have to do some steep stepping, then sometimes one has to walk on winding hills.Written 8 March 2020
- Ok if you have extra time. The water is too hot to take a bathe. Difficult to drive as it has steep roads.Written 9 June 2022
- We went to the waterfall from Naggar Castle. The road is narrow but on both sides there are plenty of apple orchards which were in full bloom. Locals are very friendly. They gave us lots of apple to have free of costs. But when we reached the waterfall, it was a let down as the area was littered with plastic & bottles. Local administration should develop this area for tourists . Enjoyed juicy apples!!Written 10 November 2019
- Mesmerizing Memorial collection of thing used by Nicholas Roerich and his relatives like book, cars, dinner table, cloths etc. this place is very beautiful where you can take lots of pictures. From the place you can see mountains covered with snow also. This place is divided into 2 parts. I part where you take ticket and see place where Nicholas Roerich stay along with his belonginess. Other part you need to climb way staircases to visit Museum where lots of paintings and you can see Himachal culture things. Both pace have 1 valid ticket only. When you climb via staircases you can see beautiful garden and lot of greenery. There are few bench for rets also. Overall Mesmerizing place contains Nicholas Roerich memories, Himachal culture experience and nature beauty.Written 4 June 2022
- Beas kund is a well known trek in manali. It is hard to believe that this hidden gem can be found right above Manali's bustling city. Trekkers love this trek because of its setting.Written 9 August 2021
- The temple is around 1.6 kms from Hidimba Devi temple. The auto charges whooping Rs.200 to go to this temple. We were having time hence decided to walk towards this temple. The way goes through some market area which then gets steeper and steeper. I made good decision to leave my car at Mall parking as road is quite narrow and steepest along with shops on both side plus there is only one private parking area that too for limited cars near temple else one cannot park neither can take U turn.
The way towards temple has lot of hippie style cafes and Tatto shops. There are many shops selling leather items.
The main temple is situated on small area where the environment is calm inside the main sanctum. Suggest to visit this temple only if you have time and ready to walk.Written 12 April 2022
- Good place for fun rides.
Too crowded during season
Little parking available during season
Ride operators are RudeWritten 9 March 2022
- It comes along the highway on the way from Chandigarh to Manali. The bus or car will pass over the dam and you could see the water level difference on either side of the road. The dam produces hydel electricity for Himachal and Punjab.Written 12 November 2021
- Many Tibetans are now settled in Manali. The Tibetan Monastery is 10 min walk from the HPTDC bus stand on the Mall Road.
It was constructed in 1969. The two floor structure hosts of a 20 ft statue of Gautam Budhha. Other attractions in the Monastery include handicrafts and handmade carpet by Tibetan folks.
Do visit the market outside the Monastery for traditional Tibetan artifacts and clothes.Written 12 June 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Manali
- The best day trips from Manali according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Manali Private Car Charter (10 Hours) Tour
- Highlights of Manali (Guided Fullday Sightseeing Tour by Car)
- Explore Hampta Valley From Manali
- Private One Day Hiking Trip in Manali, Scenic Mountain Trail in Manali
- Full day Rural Tour to Hallaan Village with white water rafting in Beas river