- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
19 places sorted by traveller favourites
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We treated our sister to lunch at Tantalus. I have a food allergy, the waiter, chef and all the team where amazing. The lunch was fantastic, so many amazing flavours, presentation incredible, service impeccable, setting was gorgeous. Best lunch experience in a very long time, thank youWritten 2 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Really enjoyed this experience. We were a group of four who were able to ask questions and learn a lot. We were fortunate to have the owner with us so it was super interesting to hear about his journey. Really enjoyed having the food with the wine. Only complaint would be that you had to move between the wines maybe quicker than you want to as someone is guiding you through it so it can go to your head as they are not small tastings.Written 8 February 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This pioneering winery dates from 1978, making it the oldest winery on the fabled Waiheke, New Zealand's island of wine. The winery overlooks scenic Putiki Bay. The winery was established by the Goldwater family, and it now hosts the University of Auckland Wine Science Centre. This boutique estate makes wonderful wines; it also has great ocean views.Written 4 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went here as part of the art trail walk in Oneroa - it was a great start to some great local art.Written 5 January 2020
- Podere Crisci Winery is a touch Italy on Waiheke Island, just an hour by ferry from Auckland. Podere Crisci Winery is well run. It grows a trio of Italian wines -- Arneis, Nebbiolo and Montepulciano apart from other grape varieties. Podere Crisci is well run; the accliamed restaurant serves genuine Italian food. The vineyard is 7,7 ha (19 acres), on a north-facing slope. Opening hours may vary accoding to season. The winery is situated near scenic Awaawagrea Bay.Written 4 June 2021
- Everything neatly arranged and presented and easy to view.
Staff very friendly.
Thanks for the pohutakawa tip, we found it!Written 14 February 2021
- Although Waiheke is a small island, there is only so much you can do in one day, so it pays to work out your itinerary in advance. We enjoyed Obsidian Vineyard, the whites were especially good. You can get a fine view over the vineyard while you enjoy your wine. By the way, obsidian is a form of black volcanic glass which was prized for its sharpness.Written 3 June 2021
- My colleagues and I joined a Fullers Winter Wine and Dine Tour and we chose Stonyridge as the winery to visit.
It was essentially a free and easy tour. From the Waiheke Ferry Terminal, we took the Explorer Bus to Stonyridge. It was a Saturday afternoon and the restaurant was fairly crowded.
We’d managed to get a sofa seat with views to the valley, which was nice. Food was a lunch platter for sharing.
It was fun watching all the activities around us. There was a small wedding party at that time. Weather was great.
Overall we had a fun time at Stonyridge.Written 17 July 2022
- Quaint old style wine tasting room with a very knowledgeable host and winemaker. Worth a visit if in the area. A world apart from the more commercial operations nearby. Opens am and from 2pm wed-SundayWritten 19 July 2020
- This place is a joy to visit! Full of old musical instruments which are mostly in perfect working order. My favourite was the piano which worked by pumping the pedals!! It played the music as if you were a Maestro!!
The lady in attendance gave us a very comprehensive history of the place.. it is maintained on a voluntary basis and relies on donations from visitors.They have recitals there every so often. A very interesting and enjoyable place to visit.Written 8 March 2019
- Loved the welcoming staff ,the food and the wine .This is just what I wanted from Waiheke .Excellent and highly recommend for a true Waiheke experience without the silliness of city style wineries and all the pretentious they attract .Written 23 April 2022
- Very friendly hostess. Had great local knowledge about the area, and was very passionate. We went to some fabulous wineries where the atmosphere was terrificWritten 19 May 2022
- Really amazing trip and host, the wineries were exceptional and the trip was perfectly paced.
They even let us take our dog (with advanced notice)
:DWritten 29 May 2022
- Fantastic flexible service with a big friendly smile! Jane and her team offer a very comfortable trip / tour around the island keeping you well informed of all the local insights as you go along. Worth every cent, we will see you again Jane!Written 8 August 2022
- Fantastic day out, very well organised immaculately clean vehicle and very knowledgeable host! We tasted some great wines and enjoyed a lovely day out.Written 4 March 2020