Wineries & Vineyards
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
12 places sorted by traveller favourites
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Absolutely amazing ☆☆☆☆☆
We were picked up from the ferry terminal by Evelyn in the Man O' War bus. We were the only ones on the bus so got quite the experience. Evelyn was absolutely lovely and so informative.
Once we got to the vineyard we had a tasting done, can't remember her name but I think she was French and she was so great. Then we sat and watched the world go by whilst drinking some fantastic wine and a delicious platter.
Once we were ready, and after purchasing wine to take home...Evelyn took us back to the ferry terminal. This was only our 2nd time on the island but we have been lucky enough to experience 6 or 7 of the local vineyards and this is definitely a favourite. It is off the beaten track but so worth it. Great day and beautiful place.Written 29 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Really enjoyed this experience. We were a group of four who were able to ask questions and learn a lot. We were fortunate to have the owner with us so it was super interesting to hear about his journey. Really enjoyed having the food with the wine. Only complaint would be that you had to move between the wines maybe quicker than you want to as someone is guiding you through it so it can go to your head as they are not small tastings.Written 8 February 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Oneroa is a lovely beach that is long and flat... super for a morning or evening walk. Everyone is friendly and says hi!Written 25 February 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This pioneering winery dates from 1978, making it the oldest winery on the fabled Waiheke, New Zealand's island of wine. The winery overlooks scenic Putiki Bay. The winery was established by the Goldwater family, and it now hosts the University of Auckland Wine Science Centre. This boutique estate makes wonderful wines; it also has great ocean views.Written 4 June 2021
- We went here as part of the art trail walk in Oneroa - it was a great start to some great local art.Written 5 January 2020
- Atawhai Whenua Reserve.
Onetangi Reserve - closed to protect against kauri dieback disease.
Te Haahi-Goodwin Reserve - closed to protect against kauri dieback disease.
Keeping Waiheke free of kauri dieback
The island is currently free of kauri dieback disease and it’s important we keep it that way.Written 6 November 2021
- Although Waiheke is a small island, there is only so much you can do in one day, so it pays to work out your itinerary in advance. We enjoyed Obsidian Vineyard, the whites were especially good. You can get a fine view over the vineyard while you enjoy your wine. By the way, obsidian is a form of black volcanic glass which was prized for its sharpness.Written 3 June 2021
- Quaint old style wine tasting room with a very knowledgeable host and winemaker. Worth a visit if in the area. A world apart from the more commercial operations nearby. Opens am and from 2pm wed-SundayWritten 19 July 2020
- Stunning scenery and well built track leads you to the Reserve. Keep going and visit the WWII tunnels.Written 18 April 2022
- Well there is sure lots to see here and a beautiful walk too. Lots of amazing art combined with breathtaking views you can't go wrongWritten 7 November 2017
- Greatings from Podere Valdibotte .America's Cup made you come back to our minds.. Congratulations !!!!!
how are you all?
Our news are : Margherita got married and we have a wondefully nice little granddaughter Gemma ( already 3 1/2 years old).
How are your young ladies?
For the moment COVID has not got us. Hopefully vaccination will get us over the pandemia.
Affectionately Helene & giancarloWritten 20 March 2021
- We stopped in at the Wine Centre to try and get some bottles of wine we had sampled at lunch and also to taste some wines from a vineyard where we had run out of time. The range of Waiheke wines was very extensive and the wine tasting machine was innovative and fun. Despite being busy with a number of requests and customers, the store manager was relaxed and friendly. He gave us a quick run down on the machine, offered us water to have between tastings, and even offered to open the deck at the back of the shop so we could look out over Oneroa Beach while tasting.
Mission accomplished - we stocked up on our lunchtime wine and also came away with a couple of extras
The Wine Centre and its tasting machine is a really good wine tasting back-up for those times vineyards are closed(most often midweek) or if you want to taste wines from different vineyards in one session.
I also noticed a very good range of craft beers lurking in the fridge!Written 9 October 2020