Multi-day Tours • Distillery Tours
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
7 places sorted by traveller favourites
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Great company, prompt communication and quality ebikes. A great way to visit and get around Waiheke Island. Highly recommended!Written 19 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was a bit hesitant to book an e bike because I'm not the most experienced cyclist and I had already bought a ticket on the hop on hop off bus. Long story short as to all the events that followed but the e bike was absolutely brilliant. I could take in the sites, make my own schedule, go where I wanted and stop for pictures as I please but made it to all the places I wanted to go on time! So glad I did not use the bus nor rely on cab service as I saw many people doing and unable to go to places they wanted or waiting forever. I reckon even if you are a cyclist you would want the e bike just to give you a bit of help up the hills and make it to the wineries in time. Seriously I would get around waiheke any other way!Written 18 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Half day bike rental. Jo and Wim were amazing to deal with from start to finish. They came and dropped off bikes, gave us maps and ideas of where to go, were flexible around pick up etc. Can't recommend them highly enough!Written 14 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Scooter rental was easy and we had an amazing time scootin around the island, checking out wineries and beaches. Much recommended.Written 17 February 2020
- We had a group of 6 and decided a day on battery bikes was worth a try. We no idea these bikes could be so much fun!
With little effort, the Wai E Bikes got us around the island with big smiles and legs that felt like they had hardly any work no work at all!
We had the best day exploring, stopping at vineyards, the beach and plenty of laughs.
The great thing about Brendan's bikes is he will drop them off to your desired location and pick them up. This makes things so easy!
Highly recommend!Written 18 September 2018
- I wish I had looked at the reviews before renting bikes from this place. We wanted to rent electric bikes but had never ridden them before. The American man working there said it probably wouldn't be a good place to try them. Not knowing any better, we rented regular bikes. We ride all of the time at home so didn't think much of it. What we didn't know, however, is that the bikes weigh a ton and the island is all hills.....big hills. We rode for a couple of hours, then decided it was no fun at all and returned the bikes. Don't rent from this company!!Written 7 December 2019
- We made a booking for 3x standard bikes well in advance to arrival. On arrival to the check in desk they seemed very unorganized. They weren't sure about our booking but after some time they eventually found our booking and then informed us on where to collect our bikes. We had to walk from the ferry terminal out to the carpark, probably a 5 minute walk. We weren't actually sure where we were walking to, the instructions given to us weren't very clear. It was only because we saw a row of bikes lined up against a fence and assumed this was were we had to walk to, to collect the bike.
There was no one by the row of bikes, actually no one in the car park at all for about 15 minutes until a guy walked up to us (worked for the company) and he helped get us set up with our bikes.
The bikes and helmet were of good quality, it was just the organization of this place. It felt like we were more of a burden or there were communication break downs between the person at the check in desk and the person out in the carpark. This place also rents out vehicles so maybe they were particularly busy that day however even on check in, it was a bit of a shambles.
We were given 1x bike lock for all three bikes, which we didn't care about as we never had to leave our bikes unattended during our time on Waiheke. However when it came to leaving the bikes there was no one there to receive the bikes, and we had been told to use the bike lock to lock them up against the fence with the other hired bikes if no one was there.
This was absolutely fine to do and we have no problem leaving the bike locked up, if this is what the company wants but we struggled to get 1x bike lock around all 3 bikes and be able to get all 3 locked.
The hiring of these bikes could have been much smoother or the customer service/approach could have been better.Written 27 April 2022