Multi-day Tours • Distillery Tours
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
6 places sorted by traveller favourites
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Great company, prompt communication and quality ebikes. A great way to visit and get around Waiheke Island. Highly recommended!Written 19 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I booked a taxi and a driver just on the ferry to the island. I sent a quote through the website. In like 10 min, I missed a phone call which was their landline number. The lady(general customer service I guess) on the phone was not helping and not friendly at all. But I got a text message as well from a mobile number. This guy(sales manager?) was nice and friendly. He connected me to the driver, Nick.
Nick knows everything about the island from the history to the current locals!! He took us to several lookout points, one winery(Poderi Crisci, nice place different wine style from famous Mudbrick) and Mudbrick by my request.
He planed the 2 hours very efficiently and managed the time well. Very friendly, has a good sense of humour, and inspiring person himself too.
Taxi tour is not a cheap option but when I'm tired and don't have enough time to wait for the buses, it worth for me. I really enjoyed the trip with Nick, as he gave me a bit of advice on what would be the best transport option in the island I guess I will book him again next time with some more friends! (for a smaller pie of the cost)Written 5 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Jane was waiting for us at the ferry docks in a very comfortable van and we had the most amazing morning before our lunch at Mudbrick. She took us around the island and showed us a few of the local and hidden spots, we also spent time at the Saturday morning markets and she was very flexible in catering for all of our needs. Travelling with a 2yo can be quite demanding and Jane made sure to look after us the whole time :)
Thank you!Written 22 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I had the best day on Waiheke Island seeing places I would of not ever known about...the tour was amazing as it was based on my preferences and If you go even as a small group I fully recommend booking with magic carpet. I went over for the day from Auckland CBD and Neville took me on a customised private tour that included a couple of beach stops, a couple of wineries an art gallery even the market. He is very knowledgable and I got to learn a lot about the island and explore, I'm so glad to have had this tour round the island. I will be recommending neville and magic carpet to friends and family or nayone doing a dya on Waiheke, it really was the best way to get around and with plenty of photo stops too. Perfect day out for any aucklandlers wanting to get away from city life for the day too.Written 14 July 2020
- Tarquin Mitchell asked me to hand over cash before the trip had ended. He then turned off the meter and took all the cash. I asked him about the change and said there was none and that I had infact saved money when wai taxis costs 50% less and on $13 not $20 Extremely dishonest over a couple of dollars. I will never use Island taxis again.Written 17 January 2022