Tours near Papakura
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- NZ Warbirds was worth the trip! Such a nice collection of aircraft and great staff to provide some of the history. Also, a nice little shop and the airport is not crowded at all and a very calm experience.
We were in Auckland for holiday and took an Uber to/from downtown to get there which was very easy and only about 30 minutes each way.Written 11 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely lovely place - fantastic service, interesting food, great ambience, very nice view, pleasant interior décor and nice garden. It's our 5th visit there. Cannot wait for an another occasion!Written 20 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The museum is a great place to visit for some local history and more. Interesting displays and friendly and helpful staff. Right next to the library.Written 29 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Best memories.
We are so grateful to you, Phil, for the most fantastic flight ever. It was safe and secure. You are the one so thank you for your service.
Best wishes for the future. Would definitely repeat it if we have another chance.Written 30 May 2023
- This is a showroom where you can buy UMF certified Manuka honey. They have a good range of products, and I feel that the prices are quite reasonable compared to other brands.
The shop wasn't busy, so you can look around easily with no hurry.Written 27 January 2019
- They got nice range of netball gears and accessories. Great Service with quick delivery. I highly recommend SAS Sport. Best place to buy netball gears in Auckland.Written 1 January 2020
- A massage from hell that led to surgery, let's leave it there. Best avoided, get a friend to recommend another centre.Written 28 August 2019
- My husband used to do a bit of flying in his university years and would sometimes follow small planes with his eyes once spotted in the sky. So I thought that introductory 1-hour Cessna flight might be a good idea for a birthday gift. And it was indeed!
For me, as a passenger, it was an exciting experience, but I can only guess how thrilling it was for my husband in the pilot seat - he did the taking off, the lading and most of the on route piloting (though Gavin was always watching just in case).
At first, I was worried as my husband's work schedule is pretty unpredictable, even for the weekends. But Gavin, our instructor, was most helpful and flexible so we could finally manage that secret booking :)
BEFORE THE FLIGHT
The Aero Club is situated in cute green area, it was nice driving there, and easy to find. The pre-departure formalities didn't take long but once in the field, Gavin took all necessary precautions and checks before we took off. He is really great with explaining stuff, we did not have any difficulty with understanding the instructions. A briefing was exact and to the point, with key points highlighted.
I forgot to breathe for a moment when we were taking off - that easy and effortless was the take off. The plane was in spotless condition and we enjoyed the best of the weather, so we just sucked in stunning views: South Auckland, CBD with its Sky Tower, Rangitoto and Waiheke along with very informative comments from Gavin. I will not dwell on this part as it's much better to experience it than to read about it.
Once we landed, Gavin took control for taxing. As we exited the plane, there was a short debrief, and off we went with a flight timing spreadsheet marked for 1 hour. Should my husband decide to get a pilot license (and he is thinking about it now!), that one hour would be counted towards preparation.
I could proudly say I was a gift genius, never seen my husband so happy, literally beaming. It was definitely worth it, to put it modestly. And HUGE THANKS TO GAVIN, who further brightened our experience in all possible ways!
Definitely recommend to those who are in love with the sky, or big dreamers, or just want to experience something totally amazing!Written 18 December 2019
Papakura Attractions Information
|Sunday 4:38 pm|