Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- As part of our tour, we stopped here & it was the best part of the tour. Great views & rugget mountain peak. Great hiking trails. A good stop.Written 17 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Many thanks to Madison for providing an outstanding tasting of some of the finest wines we’ve found in New Zealand so far. One of us is in the industry in Sonoma County, CA, so Madison went all out to show us some of their best pinots and the lovely Sophia blend. The cellar door itself us much more sophisticated and comfortable than other wineries in the region. A+ all around.Written 29 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- So many stalls, so much variety. We love going to the markets every time we are in Hawke's Bay. Treat yourself on a Sunday morning, good cofee, wonderful food choices for breakfast and quality produce to take home.Written 24 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Splash Planet is an absolute aquatic haven, offering a perfect blend of thrilling water attractions and serene relaxation. From heart-pounding water slides that cater to adrenaline junkies to the lazy river for a more laid-back experience, there's something for everyone. Impeccably maintained facilities, friendly staff, and vibrant surroundings make it a refreshing escape for families and friends alike. With its diverse range of activities and a lively atmosphere, Splash Planet guarantees a splashing good time that leaves lasting memories.Written 2 December 2023
- If you're looking for a professional & quaint Wine tasting experience than this vineyard is great. We had the manager, who was French, and he had an incredibly deep knowledge of all the wines but could explain it in simple terms. He gave us privacy to discuss our thoughts on each wine but always came back in a timely manner with the next sample. It's great value for your money. $10 per tasting gets you 5 wines.Written 4 February 2023
- We were staying in Hastings for a couple of days and decided we would try some wineries. We stopped at Trinity Hill, and although they were very busy, they allowed us to do a tasting on one of the outside tables.
The guy that told us we could do a tasting was very good and explained the wines we were having in our tasting. We tasted 3 whites and 3 reds for $15.00 per person. We also had a great cheese platter for $30.00.
We decided to buy a bottle of wine, so one of the tasting price was deducted from our purchase.
I would thoroughly recommend this place, but you should make a booking.Written 10 November 2023
- Be advised by the life guards and don’t take risks because surf is strong here on occasions. Good beach walk either way, plenty of parking. Lagoon for kids. If preferred.Written 20 January 2023
- The team at Ash Ridge are doing well at making some really nice wines. Of the various wineries we visited the 2023 Rose was particularly nice. The weather was good, the staff were knowledgeable and helpful and the pizza we had for lunch was pretty good too.Written 21 November 2023
- We are locals but even if we weren’t, we would travel to come to this hideaway just outside of Hastings! The atmosphere is relaxed, the staff are uber friendly, and the food and drink are ALWAYS outstanding. Can’t count how many times we’ve visited but it’s a staple for us now…we just love it!Written 28 April 2023
- We went there with my partners young grandson, When we arrived we were the only people there due to the changeable weather. We are so glad that we decided to take a chance on the weather because it stayed dry for the couple of hours we were there. It is a super place for young children as for a dollar for food they can feed the animals. He enjoyed doing this and getting close enough to the goats, chickens, ducks etc. it was a good price to spend a couple of hours. Near the end is a great little park for the children to use including a trampoline. The staff were friendly and I would definitely recommend to other people with young children.Written 10 December 2022
- My boyfriend and I visited The Abbey winery on the first stop of our wine tour. We absolutely adored the aesthetic of the winery and were able to taste up to six of their wines. We were seated outdoors and undercover.
The staff were very friendly and provided to guests cheese and cracker platters to enjoy with our wine tastings. The owners of the property had a dog wandering about - we were able to make friends with him and he spent the majority of our stay with us. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there and even bought a bottle of wine - all of which are reasonably priced!Written 15 February 2023
- Drove here the other evening and throughly enjoyed the journey. The beach is sandy and enjoyable and very suitable for dogs as we met many. There is a campsite here so a great place to spend time.Written 13 January 2023
- We were in Hastings for a couple of days and decided to see if we could do a wine tasting at some of the local vineyards. It was a busy day, so there were a few that only accepted people that had booked.
We did come across a smaller winery by the name of Alpha Domus.
Our tasting consisted of 1 sparkling white, 2 white wines, one red wine and one fortified wine. The cost was $20.00 per person.
The lady was very knowledgeable and friendly.
Worth a visit.Written 10 November 2023
- We spontaneously stopped into Zeffers on a rainy day. We had a tasting paddle of various ciders which were all very delicious! The staff were very friendly and attentive. This spontaneous trip turned out to be a enlightening learning experience and would recommend to those visiting the area!Written 2 January 2023
- Really pretty venue and wines very good - they had some old vintages open including some old desert wines. Bottle from 2002 was lovely and not expensive. Was well worth the trip even on a rainy dayWritten 22 January 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Hastings
- The best day trips from Hastings according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Half Day Small-Group Hawkes Bay Wine Tour
- Napier City & Wine Private Tour - 6hrs - up to 5 people
- Hawkes Bay Wineries Electric Self-Guided Bike Tour
- Hawkes Bay A Grand Day Out Tour
- Art Deco City & Wine Private Tour - 5hrs - up to 10 people
Hastings Attractions Information
|Sunday 7:11 am|