- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
33 places sorted by traveller favourites
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 33
What travellers are saying
- Neat weekend activity if your around Nelson and want something to do.
Definitely well worth a look, grab a coffee & support the locals 👌Written 19 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- On a Wednesday market is bursting with fresh food. We got picnic food to have along the waterfront. Great atmosphere and unlimited tastingsWritten 11 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I found the gallery by chance when wandering through Nelson on a recent visit. Very impressed with the standard and variety of works on display. A wide price range too to cater for all budgets. Definitely worth a visit.Written 26 March 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Richmond Mall, is self contained, clean, modern, vibrant. Toilets clean, and many shops. The only true Mall in the Upper South Island with lots of Parking. We are local and regular users. Close to the Mall itself are a number of large retail outlets eg K Mart, so the complete site is accessible and usefulWritten 13 February 2022
- We popped in here as we saw this while in Wakatu Square and what a lovely gallery it was. Great local art in a building with a great feel. Worth a look.Written 3 March 2021
- As part of the Nelson are arts trail or as a stand alone visit this gallery is well worth the stop. It is very handy to the main routes and has a varied selection of quality artists works. Their art space is light and airy to show off works to th best advantage. The service is friendly and they wrap and post anywhereWritten 29 August 2019
- very inviting history and love of art comfortable and warming a place wanting to buy on share of nelsonWritten 21 February 2019
- I love this market. We enjoyed coming here for our veges and dinner each Thursday night so much that we set a stall up here! We get a beautiful dinner for $10 and the veges are the best quality and cheap. There is always local entertainment, fun for the kids and for any ages and many stalls to look at. New ones come in all the time so lots of variety.Written 8 March 2018
- Was in a hurry when I visited the gallery, so only had time for a cursory walk around - gorgeous displays of local ceramics and more by many different artisans. Prices seem reasonable. Wish it had been open the other couple of times I passed it. Will be checking out on line when I get home.Written 2 March 2017
- So many talented people .... we found this place unexpectedly as we wandered down Trafalgar St.
Some exquisite works .... I have to go backWritten 27 January 2022
- Fun antique shop, that is worth a wander. Lots of different, offbeat items at various price points. Nice way to get something that is "of the place." Nice people who were very helpful as well.Written 29 April 2019
- This is a small second hand market. We stumbled across this market while wandering through down so we’re either excited nor disappointed by this market. Recommend this for those looking to go to a garage sale type market.Written 13 February 2020
- so much to see and breath taking leaving with a urge of making something of it an awesome peace of mind a must in you;r travelsWritten 9 March 2019
- the cold in the winter and sightings in the summer is even more heaven the group you go with is lovely and inviting food along rides awesome sight to last a story to take home from yr to yrWritten 9 March 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Nelson
- These are the best places for kid-friendly shopping in Nelson:See more shopping for children in Nelson on Tripadvisor