Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- One of the worlds most impressive car collections. An amazing variety of classic cars showcased in a beautiful building complete with a lovely cafe.Written 18 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Well worth the walk! Easy path suitable for kids and adults . The view was fantastic at the very end!!!
Easily accessed from a nearby carpark. Walk was in total about 30-40 mins depending on your speedWritten 23 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you are in Nelson on a Saturday this is a great place to visit. All New Zealand products. Delicious food and artisan food stalls. Some excellent crafts too.Written 13 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An expansive flat sandy beach. I wish I'd had the opportunity to have more swims there. Clear and clean.Written 21 March 2023
- Lovely small park built around a horseshoe lake with lots of shaded seating to have lunch on, catch up with friends etc. A few small sculptures and a cafe in the corner. Worth stopping by if you are in the area.Written 28 February 2023
- This a fantastic beach , we walk up and down this spotless beach.
It’s absolutely a magic place and so very natural.
Dogs are not allowed ..
Just a wee drive away from Nelson , but not very well advertised…
It’s so worth a walk and swim.Written 23 January 2023
- We didn't intend on visiting this house, but we're so glad we did! It's run by volunteers and the lady who guided us was friendly and knowledgeable. You can choose to have a guided tour by a volunteer, or a self guided tour using the audio available in a few of the rooms - little stereos that you press play on to hear the audio. It's a lovely piece of NZ history and well worth the visit.Written 28 February 2023
- I've been to hundreds of museums around the world, mostly in European capitals, particularly London. This is one of the best museums i've ever been to, if not the bestWritten 23 October 2023
- The building sits, literally, at the top of the town, above the commercial streets. The design and its tower particularly, seem very modern to my eyes. Approached by a long climb of marble steps and/ or some circular paths, to get up the mount, you arrive at the back of the church, so have to walk right around to the other side to gain entry. The gardens are well maintained, and there are even some public toilets there. Inside, it's clean lines and a very modern feel. It's light and airy. The organ & its pipes are suspended on a very unusual platform. There are stained glasswindows, 19C plaques, a labyrinth on the floor and plenty of information boards. Well worth a visit & the climb up there.Written 9 May 2023
- This animal park in Nelson is great for families. You can purchase food to feed various animals -- kids really loved this place! I was visiting from the US and wanted to see some of the native birds and was not disappointed. I got some great photos! Next visit, I hope to be able to see the feedings, but it wasn't happening during the time we were there. Ticket prices are inexpensive and is a great place to visit. It only requires a short amount of time as this is a small park, but it's near the sea, so lots of places within walking distance too.Written 19 April 2023
- The gallery is next to Queen's Gardens, a charming space with interesting trees and ferns ,formal beds, a lake, fountains and birdlife.
The gallery is small, but perfectly formed and told us much more about the practice and background to Tā Moko, the traditional Maori face tattooing, as well as having some great local and historic artwork. We found a link between Maori culture, the history of Nelson we'd heard about and one of our favourite books, This Thing of Darkness, which was nice.
It also has a great cafe where we could look out over the gardens whilst having a spot of lunch. The food was top quality.Written 8 November 2023
- We stopped in Nelson on the way to Picton and paid a visit to this interesting little museum in the centre of the city. The staff are nice and the exhibits are representative of the local history and culture. We enjoyed the special touring exhibit on automata as well. The museum experience was worth the reasonable visitor admission fee.Written 26 February 2023
- Dropped in here for a quick pint and some food. Previous reviews have been mixed but our experience was great. Staff were very friendly and the food was well cooked and plentiful. Whilst the business appears to have changed hands I don’t think service of offering has deteriorated since our last visit in 2019.Written 27 February 2023
- Safe & easy walking or cycling track, to get you from Stoke to Richmond (or vice versa). Clear sign-posting allows for quick location of start/end points.Written 31 December 2022
- The rain kept others away but not us ! Well payed out and very well maintained garden made the trip out worth ItWritten 22 January 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Nelson
- The best day trips from Nelson according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Full-Day Abel Tasman National Park Hiking Tour with Cruise
- Self-Guided Nelson to Mapua Cycle Adventure
- Heli-Picnic The Wild North West
- Heli-Cruise Abel Tasman - The Best of Both Worlds
- Heli-Fish Marlborough Sounds D'Urville Island Indulgence - 'Catch and Dine'
Nelson Attractions Information
|Sunday 12:27 am|