- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
6 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We had a wonderful few days as a group of 10 mum, escaping from our families.
The house was spotless and very well appointed. We were all very comfortable - one tip: make sure you keep the mosquito nets over the doors and windows, or spray your room before sleeping, preferably both.
The food was fabulous. Claire is a lovely host and a great cook. We were very well fed with a lovely variety of healthy, delicious meals. Those with differing food needs were kindly catered to with alternatives.
The walks were a good mixture of beach, farm and bush. There was enough challenge to keep the fitter ladies happy, but those of us who weren't as fit were still able to do everything. The views were nothing short of spectacular. And we had a couple of wonderful beach swims.
I would highly recommend this to any group wanting to unplug from everyday life for a few days, enjoy each other's company and get to know a beautiful part of NZ a little better.
Thanks Claire.Written 26 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is an excellent walk for the fit and motivated - try to avoid the middle of the day in summer - you will be beat before you reach the best bits. Pack a water bottle, good shoes and an attitude for adventure. This is a wonderful, historic site and worth lingering over. Try to get there for sunrise or sunset.Written 19 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- No need to go to the South Island for Pancake rocks, we have them here in Northland. Great track - mind the tides for the stream crossing and it's best to go when it is dry and there hasn't been a lot of rain in the past few days because there can be some very muddy parts. The trail is pretty well marked, and it's not flat but not hilly either. As long as you are reasonably fit, you'll be fine. You can do the loop, but it comes back along the road so we always walk along the water and just come back the same way because the views are so nice. One time we did see seals in the water, which was a great treat. One of the best kept secrets in Northland :)Written 13 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Walk took us one hour fifty minetes. First half was a medium climb with nice views to
the right of Maunu district. When we entered the Forest the walk became harder with
Stepper descents and stepper climbs but trail was well marked to follow. There was
a great view from the last seat before the decent to Otaika valley.
Overall enjoyed the country walk especially as it was a nice sunny day.Written 20 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- An easy 30 min return walk to a cascading 15 metres waterfall. Walk through Raumanga Valley Reserve to the lovely Raumanga Waterfalls. A few minutes drive from Whangarei i-site. Not as big as other falls in the area but worth the short walk.Written 7 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A great alternative to a long drive around to Whangarei Heads is to cross by boat from Marsden Point to Reotahi. We walked around to Urquhart Bay then hiked over to Smugglers Bay & stayed the night at Peach Cove, the next day taking the Te Whara track out to Ocean Beach where we were picked up by the Trail Drop shuttle to get back to Reotahi. What a great service - seamless, informed, on time!Written 29 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.