Gardens • Scenic Walking Areas
Tours near Palmerston North
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- A great place to visit. I took my grandkids with me and we found so many things to do and places to explore. It’s winter so the rose gardens weren’t looking their best but we got to see a rabbit running round in them.Written 20 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I think I should just keep adding smiley faces to my reviews as I am here at least twice a year with the grandkids (I live several hours away). Yet again the kids found plenty to look at and interact with. This is a place that is always on my ‘to do’ list.Written 20 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We hired a car and drove from Wellington (nice drive) to look at the place where my father in laws ashes were spread. Such lovely, serene and well kept public gardens - a credit to the gardeners.Written 29 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Sometimes you just have to ask for help. Forget Google and your phone apps. Going into the iSite and talking to actual people is a much better idea as they have so much knowledge of the area and are really helpful.Written 20 July 2023
- The boy was keen to have a visit before leaving Palmy and did enjoy the time inside the small yet informative museum. The host was friendly and enthusiastic. Learned and spotted quite a lot of stuff related to NZ rugby which could hardly see elsewhere.Written 25 February 2023
- I walked and rode the pathway, it is great, lots of people but a heap of room, and lots to do just off the track,
the path is just fantasticWritten 13 January 2023
- Had a great time at our first Superstocks Teams. Well run and great venue. Easy to get around and good viewing.Written 9 February 2020
- Just spent the best 90 minutes in a long time seeing regional theatre at its finest! Mark Hadlow takes you thru a non-stop 90 minutes of hilarity. MAMIL - Middle Age Men in Lycra title gives you just a hint of how much you'll laugh - even at the somber times. Book now - don't miss this great show and support regional theatre so we keep getting such class acts here!Written 14 November 2019
- Very nice and welcoming and good service. The community seemed very nice as well and i did not feel unwelcome which i have doe at some other churches in the area.Written 6 August 2022
- It was charming to be here in March after so long being exiled from my homeland. I walked by the Tower at night en route back to the Distinction Hotel and noted how well-lit the area surrounding the Clock Tower now is. The park lawns were pleasant and verdant and one could derive a sense of well being from it.Written 19 July 2022
- We came here to try this place out as we live in Wellington but thought this would be a different experience. The entry price was very reasonable for 2 adults and 2 children that all could use the hydroslides and outdoor slides.
The lockers were a little confusing and only accepted the full amount even to renew them (and not partial renewals, nor the ability to terminate the locker to give to someone else).
Even though it was drizzeling it was still very pleasant. The water temperature was comfortable outside, but much warmer inside. The kids loved the slides (both of the big ones) and the hydroslides (pity it's only one person at a time, so our 6 year old couldn't participate).
The restaurant there made big meals (but a very limited menu) and the meal was more expensive than the entry to the place for 4 people with a drink. It's a lovely venue and lots of do to keep the kids occupied (from lazy river, to inflatables, to bucket's that fall, areas for adults only and for little ones.
The downsides were the changerooms that could do with a bit of a makeover and that the staff at the top of the slides were pretty erratic. One of them let my 6 year old do the steep slide 5 times and the other one wouldn't even let him do it. There was just no consistency and the their views didn't seem to match the entrance or height restrictions..
Otherwise a very pleasant day out..Written 28 January 2023
- Friendly staffing who are passionate about the centre which is awesome. A great place for the family to explore and learn.Written 27 December 2022
- What a Superb location and the views are amazing l am using these because l love stair climbing and from here l am out climbing Wharite Peak so just message me if you ever want to do it.
Very steep gets the heart rate up but if you are struggling just slow down and even if you have to wait a few minutes do it, this is a huge moment for a lot of people when you finally get to the top well done to all who do.
Even if you do a few steps at a time keep going never give in and one day you may even get to do the other steps further along.Written 28 December 2020
- It's a very nice town square, very spruced up and a lot of variety. Old memorials though to modern sculptures. If you're a photographer, then a great selection of subject matter for a photoshoot, that you wouldn't think was there. A good location for the Intercity bus terminal if you need to kill time before your bus or during a stopover.Written 21 September 2022
- I walk it nearly every Sunday with friends, great for all fitnesses. If you want a workout do the Ferguson Hall steps. I suggest not parking at Bledisloe Park as it is prone to break ins. Try starting from the New World/Rendevous park on summer hill . Takes a about 2 hours but you can shorten it. Very pretty, lots of bird song and sheltered in the bush.Written 7 May 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Palmerston North
- The most popular things to do in Palmerston North with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Victoria Esplanade
- Te Manawa Museum of Art, Science & Heritage
- Esplanade Scenic Railway
- New Zealand Rugby Museum
- Dugald MacKenzie Rose Garden
Palmerston North Attractions Information
|Sunday 11:41 pm|