3 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Absolutely incredible trip 3 nights and 4 days. The weather made it challenging with 75-85km winds and rain that stung from Luxmore Hut to Irisburn but it added to the trip. You just have to be prepared for all weather.
Loved every second of it and would do it againWritten 7 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Challenging hike. Some of NZ's best views. Don't do unless weather perfect. You have been warned. Dangerous if wet!Written 13 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A classic trail run (or walk) from the Control Gates in Te Anau and return. I continued up to Mt Luxmore summit and strongly recommended this for the amazing views.Written 30 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Te Anau
- These experiences are best for hiking trails in Te Anau:
- Full-Day Milford Sound Tour with Cruise and Walks from Te Anau
- Jet Boat Journey through Fiordland National Park - Pure Wilderness
- Full-Day Routeburn Track Key Summit Guided Walk from Te Anau
- Guided Kepler Track Heli Hike
- Fiordland Heli-hike